? servers

? players online

Dead Chat?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Dead Chat?

Dead Chat Similar to TTT?

• Content Count:  625

This was already a thing before, years ago, when the server was more chill. I don't think our JB server now will be able to handle this responsibility especially when there are 30+ people on. It definitely will not be fun as, for example, let's say that there are 30+ people dead spectating a shot 4 shot between two people who's aim decided to give out on them. Imagine the horror for our ears as we forget the command !md, as our mental state slowly deteriorates due to the sheer amount of sound entering our ears. The end.

Also, the TTT server has way less people on most of the time compared to JB. I would rather give responsibility to 10 people than 20 people, especially since JB has so many more rules that can be broken and complained about.

• Content Count:  417

Bottom line: Players would love to talk in dead chat vc, but admins would hate policing it.

It's difficult to talk about whatever it is you're talking about when some random player is literally swallowing his microphone screaming about how a CT supposedly freekilled him. It's very easy to draw parallels between both TTT and JB, but the thing is, from my experience, JB has more freekillers than TTT has RDMers, possibly twofold. It's due to how easy it is to get away with freekill rather than rdm. In TTT, if you rdm, the next round someone else is gonna dome you instantly. However on JB, a bad CT can lead to the freekill of many more Ts, with little the CTs can do to stop him or her, with the Ts being forced to rebel or kill the CTs as quickly as possible. This obviously leads to many more players in the dead vc, shouting about they were freekilled. Players spamming admin chat and !calladmin is already a problem that admins already deal with, so doing a tradeoff of a bit more socialization for a massive workload for the admins doesn't make much sense.

Thanks for coming to my TEDTalk.

• Content Count:  590

I think leaving dead chat to admins should stay. I (and I'm just one admin) resolve a lot of problems while in dead chat because its after everyone died and most of the time at the end of the round. It gives me a brief moment where most of the server is quiet and I get to do my job. I wouldn't mind just reducing it to donors, in my eyes that's the only way it could work (keep in mind JB normally has higher pop. than TTT). I couldn't even process in my head having to administrate 2 different voice chats with 40+ people on the server by myself. Kind of just seems like a headache in my eyes.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread