? servers

? players online

Dead Chat?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Dead Chat?

Dead Chat Similar to TTT?

• Content Count:  971

Looking at the JB patch notes, dead chat has been changed a handful of times, but why not include a dead chat on JB like the system on TTT? Alive players can't hear dead players, and dead players can use the command !ma to mute the alive players for separate chat rooms. Was there a bug in the past that prevented this or is there another reason?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  625

I think it might be the fact that a lot of the times when people were dead, they would micspam, complain, scream, etc. There is really nothing to prove by using VC instead of text chat when you're dead, it also allows the admins (who can use VC) to communicate with dead players without interference. Dead voice chat was a thing years ago, but was removed because maybe it was too loud and unuseful.

• Content Count:  1009

Looking at the JB patch notes, dead chat has been changed a handful of times, but why not include a dead chat on JB like the system on TTT? Alive players can't hear dead players, and dead players can use the command !ma to mute the alive players for separate chat rooms. Was there a bug in the past that prevented this or is there another reason?

In a perfect world, this would be a great idea, but I feel like the VC would just be filled with T's asking CT's why they killed them and claiming freekill, arguing with the CT until it gets to a point where an admin has to de-escalate the situation. Which is the only real reason why I'm voting no here, as I said, in a perfect world, this would be great.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  927

From an admin perspective, I wouldn't want this. JB is way more chaotic than TTT and I rather not have to deal with people screaming alive or dead. I honestly think this doesn't need to be changed. I could see how players would love to keep talking with one another when they die, but typing isn't that big of a deal. With the summer approaching as well, it would do more harm than good.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  550

Based off of my own experiences of JB. I don't think this will be a good idea. A bunch of the JB players are already loud when T's are unmuted, who knows how much more hectic it will get when they have a full round unmuted while dead.

• Content Count:  1030

I actually agree with Chad for once. People micspam on Jailbreak when they're alive, we really don't need people micspamming when they're dead as well. I think that it's a good upfront idea, but once you get down into the specifics of the situation, it just seems a bit complicated and there really isn't a purpose for this. Dead people in Jailbreak can use the dead chat feature, there isn't really too much of a need for a dead voice chat. I can see where one might think that, because TTT has it, but in Jailbreak it's less necessary.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5674

A while back in 2016 speaking while you were dead was a Subscriber perk. Given the arguments here are about chaos, restricting it to a certain donation tier probably wouldn't cause much and would be a neat perk. Myself and a lot of other Subscribers in the past really appreciated that ability and obviously put it to use.

You could make arguments such as "they'll use it to complain about freekilling", but it's pure assumptions. They're reasonable assumptions, but assumptions nonetheless. TTT doesn't have the same voice communication issues we have and I believe it probably has a lot to do with the difference in the nature of the game mode, but you could reasonably make the same argument about dead chat on TTT. However, it seems to stay casual and not get out of hand, so for all you know it'd be the same on Jailbreak.

I'm not going too in depth but there's definitely other positives you can argue like increased player retention. Chances are people would be willing to have a conversation over voice, but not in chat, thus potentially keeping them on the server if they're talking with people as opposed to just sitting there while dead. You could argue that it might be minuscule but that's personally what keeps me on TTT majority of the time, otherwise I get too bored to stay.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1030

One personal thing that I would have to address is how would dead voice chat work for administrators? It's hard enough to keep up with dead and alive chat, as well as alive voice chat. I think it would be much more confusing for admins if they are playing and alive.

But there is a good point in that people are less likely to leave the server if they die really early on, as they would be able to talk to others while they are waiting for the next round to start. I do believe that a lot of the dead voice chat would be discussing (probably more complaining) about freekilling, but it would be nice to be able to talk when you're dead.

• Content Count:  971

I'm sure people thought the same thing on TTT, as it's always full of people complaining about RDM and such. But I think it's a small price to pay because talking after dying is pretty fun in TTT, and I imagine more so in JB. Is a testing period possible and at the end a poll could be held?

Reply to Thread