? servers

? players online

Protect the President

• Content Count:  1030

There have been a couple of Protect the President events so far, and I think it would be very fun to have another. To anyone who doesn't know, on Jailbreak there's one random guard that becomes the president for a round, has an HP boost and can only pick up secondaries. The goal of the guards are to protect the president (obviously) by maintaining order in the prison and killing rebelling prisoners.

However, I think this could be fun in a TTT-like game mode where the president and a few bodyguards are secretly selected at random, and the rest of the people are trying to find out who they are and kill them. It's kind of like TTT but reversed, where instead of innocents trying to find the traitors and kill them, the terrorists are trying to find the president and his bodyguards and kill them. If the president is killed, the round is over. Also there could be a feature where killing a bodyguard gives a clue to who the rest of the bodyguards are / who the president is (basic idea, don't know what clues there could be).

These are just some ideas for events that I had that we have had previously.

also can we please do another secret hitler event last one was really fun lol

• Like 2

• Content Count:  824

Would love to have an event like this since theres never gonna be a protect the president server

Obviously not... A server dedicated to protect the president would do horribly, it's good as an event, but no one is going to consistently get on to just play protect the president. And isn't there also that Trump model which could be used this time around for the event

• Like 5

And isn't there also that Trump model which could be used this time around for the event

Oh my god, that would be an absolutely perfect time to announce that player model. Whoever the president is chosen to be could have that skin displayed on them so the prisoners can easily see who is the president, that's brilliant urpalerp.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  625

This seems like it would be a fun event for TTT, but I think it would be harder to change the game of TTT so that there are two more roles and that there would be different winning conditions. It would also make accidental/purposeful RDM a lot more taxing to the rounds if the president was killed for no reason. Hope the modding team can make this reality, would be a really fun game mode.

• Like 1

This seems like it would be a fun event for TTT, but I think it would be harder to change the game of TTT so that there are two more roles and that there would be different winning conditions. It would also make accidental/purposeful RDM a lot more taxing to the rounds if the president was killed for no reason. Hope the modding team can make this reality, would be a really fun game mode.

Yeah it would definitely take a lot of work to do something like this, but maybe @20 scrolls can step up and do something for a change, other than make Reid's stupid anime player model.

• Content Count:  958

we try to have Protect the President and Juggernaut events every few months. The last time we had one of those was a while ago so i’ll look into getting another one setup soon.

I dont see this working out that well on TTT as we try not to alter the gamemode too much. Ultimately it depends on what the server managers think about it. It might do better as an MGT or separate server event imo

• Like 2

we try to have Protect the President and Juggernaut events every few months. The last time we had one of those was a while ago so i’ll look into getting another one setup soon.

I dont see this working out that well on TTT as we try not to alter the gamemode too much. Ultimately it depends on what the server managers think about it. It might do better as an MGT or separate server event imo

Good to know, and yeah for the TTT point I was just kind of putting out a random idea I had floating in my head, I'm really not sure that it would be worth the effort of the Modding Team to put together such an event that will only be used every couple of months. But thanks for considering this suggestion!

• Content Count:  922

if this we're an event for TTT, 1. it would take alot of work, 2. it will go far far away from what TTT's supposed to be.

the way i see this being implemented is President would have alot of hp so that he cant get assassinated by T's randomly, or the T's would be given away to Innos at round start, and everyone would get teleported so to prevent Ts getting immediatly killed.

in the end, there's just so much to work on for a single TTT event like this, and it ruins what TTT is as a gamemode.

• Like 1
Edited by Asher

• Content Count:  1633

Funny you bring up a TTT version of this event. It was the first event idea I ever suggested a few years ago.

For TTT events we aren't really looking towards anything altering the gamemode itself. It would be too much work and we want the gamemode to be the focus of any event. That is what shut down my idea last time and I know the Events Team and the TTT ATs are not looking to make any events like this due to the aforementioned reasons.

Ever since joining the team I've been working with others on gathering ideas for some TTT events for you guys as we've been lacking them for a while. They won't be as complicated as events like Protect the President but we hope they'll be enjoyable nonetheless. I'm close to getting one of these events finalized and announced so stayed tuned for that.

• Like 2
Edited by Kieran

Reply to Thread