? servers

? players online

Event Calander

• Content Count:  468

[video=youtube_share;8noGbSFhvYc]

I don't know if this was recommended before or would be implemented in the new forums but i think it would be great advertisement for future events. And it'll be easy to check out events that you missed by simply moving the mouse over to past dates

• Like 7

• Content Count:  4798

I've been thinking about this for a while but figured i'd wait for the new forums to see if they add it themselves. I've missed so many events just because I forgot. This could definitely help bring in people who happen to be casually browsing the site but not visiting the events sections. Events that are about to start should possibly be even more visible ( hell, make it flash if you can ).

Edited by SilentGuns

• Content Count:  1105

We have a calendar here, I don’t see used as often as it should be in my opinion and it’s not as noticeable since it’s not on the main page. But if you click on one of the dates with an event it’ll give a page with a link to the event like this one here. I do agree that it should be somewhere easily accessible that even anyone new to the forums could find it because it could possibly increase the amount of people showing up to events.

• Content Count:  6759

At the end of March I told the Events Team that they would be utilizing the calendar. This was around the time of the 7 Days of Quarantine event was announced. I gave them access to the calendar and a tutorial on how to add events on them. Since then they've been utilizing it to promote their events. These events are actually displayed on the bottom of the forums page right under the Currently Online Users. It's nothing like the concept widget in your video, but it's still visible on the main page of the forums of the day the events occur. Sometimes it's possible a person may have forgotten to add an event to it, but John and I will obviously be reminding them more often to continue the using the calendar.

We also have a calendar on the new forums that I haven't checked out yet, but I'm pretty sure we could easily have a better plugin for it because vBulletin is severely lacking imo compared to Invision

• Like 6

Reply to Thread