? servers

? players online

Actually Getting a PC

• Content Count:  3150

Alright due to repeated suggestions of getting the 970 ill switched my 860 out for a 1TB 970 evo. Out of the three links below, which motherboard do you think I should get?

MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard

Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard

Gigabyte X570 GAMING X ATX AM4 Motherboard

Notable issues with the Asus X570-P from reviews and research, so I would avoid that one altogether. Besides that, the Gigabyte and MSI board have pretty much all the same bells and whistles. From looking, the MSI board seems to have better reviews and less potential issues than the Gigabyte board, but overall either one would be a good choice.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  922

Alright due to repeated suggestions of getting the 970 ill switched my 860 out for a 1TB 970 evo. Out of the three links below, which motherboard do you think I should get?

MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard

Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard

Gigabyte X570 GAMING X ATX AM4 Motherboard

I’d personally go with either the Gigabyte or MSI motherboard. Really isn’t that much of a difference in these, but I’d probably go with the Gigabyte just because the aesthetics of it look a lot better than MSI

• Like 1

• Content Count:  200

Notable issues with the Asus X570-P from reviews and research, so I would avoid that one altogether. Besides that, the Gigabyte and MSI board have pretty much all the same bells and whistles. From looking, the MSI board seems to have better reviews and less potential issues than the Gigabyte board, but overall either one would be a good choice.

https://prnt.sc/ttxpg7

The 2nd notice worries me a little. Would the motherboard (MSI X570) be alright with my current power supply? I won't be doing heavy overclocking.

I’d personally go with either the Gigabyte or MSI motherboard. Really isn’t that much of a difference in these, but I’d probably go with the Gigabyte just because the aesthetics of it look a lot better than MSI

Yea the Gigabyte looks more appealing as of now because of the matte black look and it also does not have the same issue as the MSI one.

Part list: PCPartPicker List Updated

not quite sure why the ram turned red but I'll be buying a black one dw

Edited by b1g mac
quoting two users & adding new link

• Content Count:  3150

https://prnt.sc/ttxpg7

The 2nd notice worries me a little. Would the motherboard (MSI X570) be alright with my current power supply? I won't be doing heavy overclocking.

All these X570 boards have that stupid 4-pin power supply but it is pretty irrelevant, especially since you don't need to overclock AMD chips. I have an X570 Pro + 3900XT and I did not use the 4-pin power supply, no issues here. If you want like the "better safe than sorry" answer, you could snag a modular power supply for ~$100. Something like this https://www.newegg.com/evga-g3-series-220-g3-0550-y1-550w/p/N82E16817438095

• Like 2

• Content Count:  200

All these X570 boards have that stupid 4-pin power supply but it is pretty irrelevant, especially since you don't need to overclock AMD chips. I have an X570 Pro + 3900XT and I did not use the 4-pin power supply, no issues here. If you want like the "better safe than sorry" answer, you could snag a modular power supply for ~$100. Something like this https://www.newegg.com/evga-g3-series-220-g3-0550-y1-550w/p/N82E16817438095

I really don't want to go over $1300 so I think this part list is finalized (with the gigabyte 570 since I didn't want red outlines). Thank you for your support with my part list!

And of course thanks to everyone else for responding to this list. I'll make an update post about my build soon.

i can finally come out of silver

Reply to Thread