Power Supply: Thermaltake Smart BX1 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Monitor: MSI Optix G24C4 23.6" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor

WNA: Asus PCE-AC55BT B1 PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter

Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 PWM PST 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard

Mouse: Corsair HARPOON RGB Wireless Optical Mouse

(buying a regular mouse pad)

Total: About $1200 USD

It's been three months since my last post, I'm very much done gaming on a 60hz monitor with no graphics card and a lot more comfortable now that some prices have dropped such as monitors. One of my main concerns before making this list was which monitor to get and compatibility issues. I decided to pick this monitor after checking many reviews on it.

It'd be nice if you guys can point out any compatibility issues like the motherboard bios not updated for my CPU (which is unlikely but who knows). If you have any suggestions/edits about this list, please feel free to tell me!

• Like 1
Edited by b1g mac

• Content Count:  178

Yo big mac, i recommend getting a m.2 ssd instead of the 1tb ssd since you have a hard drive already. Boot time is significantly lower with an m.2. Also, the h510 apparently has shit airflow, so you might wanna look for a different case. I personally have a phanteks p350x case and it looks great and has pretty good airflow with some added fans. I have a b450 motherboard and a ryzen 5 3600 and they work fine together, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Heres the ssd. https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-SB-ROCKET-256-Rocket-Internal-Performance/dp/B07KGLN3HN/ref=sr_1_1?crid=BY8PI3OL4G2J&dchild=1&keywords=sabrent+256gb+rocket+nvme+pcie+m.2+2280+internal+ssd&qid=1596510437&sprefix=sabrent+rocket+m.2+ssd+256%2Caps%2C178&sr=8-1

• Like 1

• Content Count:  200

Yo big mac, i recommend getting a m.2 ssd instead of the 1tb ssd since you have a hard drive already. Boot time is significantly lower with an m.2. Also, the h510 apparently has shit airflow, so you might wanna look for a different case. I personally have a phanteks p350x case and it looks great and has pretty good airflow with some added fans. I have a b450 motherboard and a ryzen 5 3600 and they work fine together, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Heres the ssd. https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-SB-ROCKET-256-Rocket-Internal-Performance/dp/B07KGLN3HN/ref=sr_1_1?crid=BY8PI3OL4G2J&dchild=1&keywords=sabrent+256gb+rocket+nvme+pcie+m.2+2280+internal+ssd&qid=1596510437&sprefix=sabrent+rocket+m.2+ssd+256%2Caps%2C178&sr=8-1

done some research on m.2 speed vs ssd and not much of a difference in speed. I still need the 1TBsize and I can begin to imagine how expensive an m.2 would be at that size. I do indeed have a HD but its also 1TB and nearly out of storage so its only meant for documents and such. The lack of airflow does concern me a bit so I might change the case. The case you suggested looks nice but does go past budget a little and I'd need to buy another fan as well (I'd prefer two intake one exhaust). Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

Sorry for the late reply, but this seems to be a little expensive for my wallet right now. I don't need anything over 1tb ssd either as I'm also putting in my HD from my old All-in-One as well. I originally wanted that case but at the time, the only seller was selling for around $120 so I left it at that. The NZXT case really sticks to me right now because I build my relative's PC and the case overall generally felt good and looked good, with two pretty good case fans. A Ryzen-7 series with ddr4 3200 seems like a weird combo to me but I considered Ryzen 7 with ddr43600. I did decide to go with the 1660 super and the cpu cooler you chose looks very appealing to me so thank you the don

You’re welcome! I don’t know if this is bad but my ram is 16GB @2400mhz and I have an AMD Ryzen 7 1700X and get by fine, also sceptre has some great budget monitors!

I use a sceptre monitor myself got 2 of them they are actually very nice.

Just checked them out and indeed they have some pretty decent monitors. Might get that 27inch 144hz display as it goes for under $200 right now (but their 24” is going for $250ish weird). Ty for the suggestion.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  922

I recommend getting a x570 instead of a b450 Big Mac. It will save you the upgrade down the line and will end up saving you a whole lot more money. With your 860 EVO go ahead and get the 970 evo plus from Samsung. The speed gap is huge in boot, read, and write speeds. Other than that build looks good

• Like 1

I recommend getting a x570 instead of a b450 Big Mac. It will save you the upgrade down the line and will end up saving you a whole lot more money. With your 860 EVO go ahead and get the 970 evo plus from Samsung. The speed gap is huge in boot, read, and write speeds. Other than that build looks good

Alright due to repeated suggestions of getting the 970 ill switched my 860 out for a 1TB 970 evo. Out of the three links below, which motherboard do you think I should get?

MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard

Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard

Gigabyte X570 GAMING X ATX AM4 Motherboard

Reply to Thread