? servers

? players online

Traitor Item Suggestion: Negev

• Content Count:  927

I don't get how it's a waste of time. Introducing a new item doesn't sound like a waste of time to me, especially considering very few maps already have it and it wouldn't be much work. Don't want people to get in the mindset of "it's a waste of time" for something as simple as going through a handful of maps and removing a gun. We did it for the MP5 too.

The goal isn't to buff the traitors. I think the balance right now is relatively fair. It's just to give a new option to shake things up. Adding new items makes the game more complex, interesting, and fun.

I do think the weapon should be buffed whether that be damage, hold speed, recoil, or another stat. Put it up there in terms of strength with the other T weapons.

Because it added another suppressed weapon since they made the M4A1-S two credits. I'm not sure how many maps have the Negev. The wording "waste of time" was probably not appropriate. The direction that was meant was it would be time spent on something that wouldn't balance the game.

• Content Count:  1633

Not everything is about balancing the game. Bringing in variety just to keep the game refreshing is also important to me. I look for balance within the items themselves.

EDIT: To add to what Kieran said, you still have to make sure it's balanced. Most changes you can implement will add some variance to the game. But if it doesn't keep the game balanced (which I don't think adding the Negev would really change it), then it shouldn't be implemented unless there are things to help counter it.

It's balanced, I said why in OP. If it is unbalanced you can alter some of the changes, but scrapping the idea wouldn't be my first step.

Edited by Kieran

• Content Count:  98

I think this is a great idea. I think that it could be a problem because its fairly easy to figure out who has the negev as its easy to track the bullets to the person shooting them if this makes sense. I disagree about there not being a weapon for groups already though. The usp is very effective in groups as you cannot always see who does it. Overall this is a great idea but there will need to be some changes to the negev and the rules of course, which has been stated already.

• Content Count:  461

Because it added another suppressed weapon since they made the M4A1-S two credits. I'm not sure how many maps have the Negev. The wording "waste of time" was probably not appropriate. The direction that was meant was it would be time spent on something that wouldn't balance the game.

Pretty sure removing the Negev from all maps is something that can be done like with the G3SG1, SCAR20, AWP, and M4A1-S, which the TTT server already does. I know most maps don't have these weapons, but I think the plugin prevents them from spawning on map start.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  927

Pretty sure removing the Negev from all maps is something that can be done like with the G3SG1, SCAR20, AWP, and M4A1-S, which the TTT server already does. I know most maps don't have these weapons, but I think the plugin prevents them from spawning on map start.

Didn't know that. Seems much easier to do then I thought.

EDIT: To add to what Kieran said, you still have to make sure it's balanced. Most changes you can implement will add some variance to the game. But if it doesn't keep the game balanced (which I don't think adding the Negev would really change it), then it shouldn't be implemented unless there are things to help counter it.

Edited by Chad

• Content Count:  1987

There will be items coming in the near future along with improvements to specific ones that will help with bigger groups as suggested.

@Kieran if you bring another idea like this to me I will full on execute you.

Thanks for the suggestion, rejected.

• Like 7

Reply to Thread