? servers

? players online

Traitor Item Suggestion: Negev

• Content Count:  1633

I want to preface this by saying I understand a lot of focus is going towards balancing current items. However, I'm hoping this idea wouldn't be too hard to implement and could provide us with some refreshing variety as the T menu has not changed in a long time.

I've been messing around with ideas involving a weapon specifically designed to target groups. Currently we have the AWP for long range quick kills and the M4A1-S for silent kills. We don't have a weapon to counter groups. I understand we have the C4, but it is fairly ineffective. Jihad is the most effective, but you also die. I want an item, specifically a gun, that is sort of the opposite of those items, where it is more effective at clearing groups but comes with a high risk of getting caught with, unlike the C4, and without guaranteed death, unlike the Jihad.

I've messed around with ideas such as an RPG as options for this proposed item, but a lot of these would likely be hard to implement into the game. I think a better way to approach this idea would be utilizing a weapon already in CS:GO: the Negev.

The Negev would make a lot of sense as a powerful machinegun weapon. It's not really being used much on the server yet it would only require slight modifications to it. I might be wrong, but I think its possible to alter a single weapon's stats. If this is possible, I would adjust the following:

1. Significantly increase the damage of the Negev.

2. Slightly increase the speed when holding the Negev.

If these values can be altered, they would make the Negev much more powerful than it already is. A few other changes would need to be made if this were to be implemented:

1. Negev would need to be removed from the handful of maps that actually have them, such as nukehouse and minecraftcity.

2. Negev would become a KOS item under the rules.

If all of this could be reasonably done then I think it would be a great traitor weapon to have. The strengths of the weapon would include its damage and ability to kill large groups. As a trade-off, the weapon is sort of slow and loud so it would be easy to get caught with one. Seems like a fair item to me.

All in all I think the Negev has potential to become an item to provide us with a new and exciting option as a traitor. I'm looking forward to hear what everyone else thinks about this idea.

EDIT: If the value changes wouldn't be possible, I think the idea still could be used. I can explain why in further detail if this is the case.

• Like 4
Edited by Kieran
Edited out a part

• Content Count:  625

I agree with Kieran as the addition of the negev would allow low-skill Ts to get lots of kills. Whenever I'm on a map with a negev, I always take it, as in some T rounds I can get upwards of 7 kills or more. The negev is a great weapon for mowing down innos, and is also pretty balanced as as soon as you start spraying, they know you are a T.

• Content Count:  1328

I wouldn't be opposed to this. The gun would have to be removed from all maps that have it available to anyone, but nonetheless this isn't a bad idea especially when you got lumped up detectives and innos in one area.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  532

I really like this idea. Gives purpose to a weapon not used much and adds a new addition to the Traitor arsenal. For this to work the Negev would definitely need a buff as you mentioned to be worth buying as a T. However the idea of the Negev doesn't really fit in the current TTT meta, being beyond slow and shooting at multiple people at once inst really a great strategy. Looking over some of your other threads the Poison Grenade seems like a great idea for this fit as well. A device that would take out groups of people and could be balanced easily. Would love to see the Poison Grenade be brought up again but I still do like the idea of having a new/different T weapon that deals with clearing groups of people.

• Content Count:  1030

I am also a fan of this idea. I think that by having this added to TTT, it would make it so that grouping up as innocents would not be as viable of an option, because it would be easy to get sprayed down by a T with a negev. Innocents would have to break up, and this leaves them more vulnerable to attack. Also, having another KOS weapon makes it much riskier to have as a T, since it's so bulky. This makes it that if a T wants to buy one, they would have to stay hidden pretty much.

• Content Count:  157

I love this idea, the bomb (c4) is so hard when going for that sweet more than 2 kills, and yes, it is possible to alter the damage of the Negev, however I am not sure if it is possible to change the fire rate of the Negev. The recoil can be changed on the Negev though. But other than that, I think it is a great idea to implement this idea.

• Content Count:  114

I enjoy this Idea but it will take time to balance it out like you said the Negevs across some of the maps would need to be removed and that will take a handful of time and also we would add a new rule for it being KOS.

• Content Count:  927

I have mix feelings about the Negev being an item for Traitors.

Why I'm against it: It would be a waste of time for the modding team to go through all the maps to remove the gun and have to upload an edit. Also, for the maps with it, just go get it. I don't think adding the Negev is the answer to buffing the T's. Not to mention that the Negev has really easy recoil and can easily switch from one person to another. Lastly, you want to buff the damage? It does enough damage while still having a high rate of fire. The speed while holding it I'd be okay with. It is a heavy ass weapon and is a pain carrying around.

Why I'm for it: My only reason is that it would make gameplay different in some situations. It would help kill groups faster, and for maps like closequarters, where it's very small, would be very action-packed. Would it be 1 or 2 credits? The ceiling for this gun would call for 2, but I could see a lot of people buying it at the wrong time and only get a couple kills with it.

• Content Count:  1633

I have mix feelings about the Negev being an item for Traitors.

Why I'm against it: It would be a waste of time for the modding team to go through all the maps to remove the gun and have to upload an edit. Also, for the maps with it, just go get it. I don't think adding the Negev is the answer to buffing the T's. Not to mention that the Negev has really easy recoil and can easily switch from one person to another. Lastly, you want to buff the damage? It does enough damage while still having a high rate of fire. The speed while holding it I'd be okay with. It is a heavy ass weapon and is a pain carrying around.

I don't get how it's a waste of time. Introducing a new item doesn't sound like a waste of time to me, especially considering very few maps already have it and it wouldn't be much work. Don't want people to get in the mindset of "it's a waste of time" for something as simple as going through a handful of maps and removing a gun. We did it for the MP5 too.

The goal isn't to buff the traitors. I think the balance right now is relatively fair. It's just to give a new option to shake things up. Adding new items makes the game more complex, interesting, and fun.

I do think the weapon should be buffed whether that be damage, hold speed, recoil, or another stat. Put it up there in terms of strength with the other T weapons.

Edited by Kieran

• Content Count:  1161

I want to preface this by saying I understand a lot of focus is going towards balancing current items. However, I'm hoping this idea wouldn't be too hard to implement and could provide us with some refreshing variety as the T menu has not changed in a long time.

I've been messing around with ideas involving a weapon specifically designed to target groups. Currently we have the AWP for long range quick kills and the M4A1-S for silent kills. We don't have a weapon to counter groups. I understand we have the C4, but it is fairly ineffective. Jihad is the most effective, but you also die. I want an item, specifically a gun, that is sort of the opposite of those items, where it is more effective at clearing groups but comes with a high risk of getting caught with, unlike the C4, and without guaranteed death, unlike the Jihad.

I've messed around with ideas such as an RPG as options for this proposed item, but a lot of these would likely be hard to implement into the game. I think a better way to approach this idea would be utilizing a weapon already in CS:GO: the Negev.

The Negev would make a lot of sense as a powerful machinegun weapon. It's not really being used much on the server yet it would only require slight modifications to it. I might be wrong, but I think its possible to alter a single weapon's stats. If this is possible, I would adjust the following:

1. Significantly increase the damage of the Negev.

2. Slightly increase the speed when holding the Negev.

If these values can be altered, they would make the Negev much more powerful than it already is. A few other changes would need to be made if this were to be implemented:

1. Negev would need to be removed from the handful of maps that actually have them, such as nukehouse and minecraftcity.

2. Negev would become a KOS item under the rules.

If all of this could be reasonably done then I think it would be a great traitor weapon to have. The strengths of the weapon would include its damage and ability to kill large groups. As a trade-off, the weapon is sort of slow and loud so it would be easy to get caught with one. Seems like a fair item to me.

All in all I think the Negev has potential to become an item to provide us with a new and exciting option as a traitor. I'm looking forward to hear what everyone else thinks about this idea.

EDIT: If the value changes wouldn't be possible, I think the idea still could be used. I can explain why in further detail if this is the case.

If this were to be added to the traitor shop I feel like the only thing that would need to be buffed is the movement speed when you have it out, it's a pretty clunky weapon to be walking around the map with, especially if you are going to be KOS for having it. The damage is there because a majority of the people you will be shooting at won't have Kevlar. The recoil is simple enough imo you shoot a couple shots and it's basically a laser, so I don't think there should be a recoil reduction. I would love to see the negev as a traitor weapon just because it's something new and it's a pretty damn good gun if used in the correct situation.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread