? servers

? players online

LR Grey Area

• Content Count:  1920

As defined in the rules:

• LRs are considered to be complete when the prisoner and/or participating CT dies. A T may request to continue his Lr after it is complete, but CTs are not required to honor this request and the T may be killed.
in theory allows a T to be killed if the CT slays themselves for whatever reason or if the participating CT gets killed by another T. I think this leaves a big grey area for LRs and is something that should be clarified by changing the wording of this rule.

Instead of :

• LRs are considered to be complete when the prisoner and/or participating CT dies. A T may request to continue his Lr after it is complete, but CTs are not required to honor this request and the T may be killed.

I think it should be something along the lines of

• LRs are considered to be complete when the participating T kills the participating CT, or the CT kills the participating T. In the case of Rock Paper Scissors, it is complete when either participant dies. A T may request another LR after their first one is complete but CTs are not required to honor this since the T is KOS.

While this is a bit wordier, I think it's a necessary clarification to have since I think it's bullshit that I've been seeing multiple instances of CTs slaying after losing gun toss which cheats the T out of their reward for winning, and I've seen multiple instances of Ts being killed for "completing their LR" because the CT participating gets killed. As always, please share your thoughts and concerns on this if you would like.

Edit: This was brought up HERE and said it would be fixed with the new LR plugin, but the problem still remains.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  625

Yeah, I completely agree. I made a thread in the JailBreak section all about this problem. I think the rules should be changed to be more clear so there's no miscommunication/confusion about the results of gun toss LRs when the CTs slay.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1030

Yes, I agree also. There is also a misconception that if the prisoner doesn't actually kill the guard, they are not KOS. One specific example of this would be rock paper scissors. I've had a lot of people calling freekill because a guard killed them after they won rock paper scissors, stating that they never harmed the guard so they aren't KOS. I think this should be clarified.

This is just my opinion, but here is what I think should be in the LR Rules:

1. The LR is considered complete when either of the participating players dies WITHOUT interference from another guard or prisoner.

2. The LR is not considered complete if there is interference from another LR (i.e. A guard accidentally shoots the LRing prisoner or a rebelling prisoner shoots and/or kills an LRing guard)

• Content Count:  958

I dont see any reason to slay during an LR other than to stop the T from gaining a point. I’ve seen many CTs say “im not letting you get the point” as they run away and slay themselves instead of letting the T kill them.

I also agree that the rule should be clarified with CTs “dying from unnatural causes” as the LR states. The managers are working on making the server more RP based instead of DM and I think this would help that a bit. Again, dont really see a reason for CTs doing this other than to boost their KD or if the T decides to rebel.

Another thing about LRs i’d like to add is CTs cheating LRs when they start losing. I’ve seen a good amount of people spray the T theyre in and LR with after they started to lose because “they were kos from before”. This mainly happens with S4S when the CT is low and the T is near full health. the rules state CTs are not allowed to cheat their LR but almost everyone claims that because the T was already kos the kill was justified.

• Content Count:  908

We've updated the rule to: • LRs are considered to be complete when the winning party kills the losing party, or wins Rock Paper Scissors. A T may request to do another Lr after it is complete, but CTs are not required to honor this request and the T may be killed.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread