? servers

? players online

Featured bonus

• Content Count:  362

In the Steam-gamers website we have a featured page (Its Z.E at the moment) and it useless and people dont look at it much! I think we could add a Featured bonus where when a server is featured on the website it gets a credit bonus. (Say by 4+ credits an minute.) And it will stack on VIP and other ranks. Adding a Featured bonus will bring people on the server more to see where they will get the most credits. (Edit. This could be added with new shop items that people have been begging for)

• Like 2
Edited by Kayden

• Content Count:  820

I've seen this idea be brought up several times, but honestly I don't see it working that well. Also, with the state that ZE is in, it needs all the help it can get as it zooms up the ranks again, so keeping it there is our best option.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1583

Nyoooooom

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=91606

I still think this is a good idea. Even if ZE stays as the featured server, this can still be implemented. I also think treating ZE like a wounded animal detracts from some of the traffic and attention our other servers could be getting. The featured status didn't keep it from dying 6 months ago and it's not what's nursing it back to life rn.

• Content Count:  1920

I personally don't think this idea would be the best. While it's a reasonable idea to reward players for playing on the server we're 'featuring' (even though it's always been in ZE since I joined this place), I think there's a couple of flaws worth mentioning. Firstly, giving some sort of credit bonus on whatever server is being featured devalues credits. Secondly, if the managers are doing an event that boosts credits, would the boost compound? That would further devalue credits. I'm emphasizing credits so much because it's a purchasable currency for our community and a source of income that keeps our servers going from month to month and I think it's important to keep their value reasonably high or else people would stop buying them.

There are other ways to go about rewarding players such as having like a "featured model" that bounces from server to server when it's featured. That would give an extra free model for players to use if they play on the featured server, but models aren't an incentive to every player.

I dunno, for me this idea has good sentiment in concept but the actual implementation of this I feel could get shaky and take a bit of further debate.

Reply to Thread