? servers

? players online

A Jailbreak ELO System

• Content Count:  417

First point: JB is already shifting away from its community-based, light roleplay gamemode of which it was supposed to be. Second point: The rank reset definitely drove long time players away from the server. If there was any time to make drastic changes, it would be best to do them now, as there is still a good reason to. Our current points system originally incentivized CTs to give orders, and not to camp, but with a recent *small* change allowing CTs to win if even one is alive by the end of the round, I've already experienced some CTs trying to camp to delay the round as long as possible. While I am 100% for this idea, again, it's always something to keep in the back of your mind, as literally encouraging CTs to wait out a round to take some extra points for themselves is going to send us straight to warday territory. Additionally, as everyone before has said, giving points to CTs for T kills is in my opinion a very bad idea.

fuck i literally just retyped the entirety of dominics post

• Content Count:  590

After playing JB for almost 2 years now, I can safely say that an ELO system would fully morph the server into a DM server.

The player base that JB possesses is unfortunately people that are thirsty for kills. You can argue with me on that, but if you play on the server for an hour even you'll see CTs giving inaudible orders so people fuck up, they purposely won't repeat orders when asked to, they'll give confusing orders (thank god for no more cardinal orders) and they'll give warning shots 3.01 seconds after the first one. ANY system that pretty much encourages CTs to get kills would create such a toxic environment on the server, almost unplayable. We're on the border of a DM server and I think we need to dial it back a bit and add things that can turn the server around.

One could say that the rules in place are what prevent the server going into DM mode. Now, in some places that's correct, but not all. Unfortunately, people that come here for strictly kills skirt around the rules and do wrong things, and get away with it. It's just the nature of the server and whether admins are on or not or somebody is recording, players get away with it. The rules are what prevents a DM server, but this system would just worsen it.

In the end, I think there's only so much you can do to prevent JB turning into a place for just stat padding. The people are what make up the server so whoever is on choose what to do. Unfortunately, a lot of JB's player base are kill hungry silvers that tend to be very toxic and only care for kills.

• Content Count:  3287

putting an ELO system in JB would destroy it. CTs would actively find ways to skim around the rules and kill as much as possible and Ts will fuck eachother over as long as it means they can get another kill

horrible idea imo.

community gamemodes like JB and ZE and shit should be played for fun, they should not be grinded for points/rank (yeah im looking at u ZE point system)

• Content Count:  5674

I don't think an elo system in general belongs on a server like Jailbreak, despite how you present it. Any way you twist it, it will end horribly and produce the opposite of the effect you were hoping for it to cause, imo. If CTs gain / lose points for winning a round, people will flood off of CT to save their elo if they're losing and will flood onto CT to gain elo if they're winning. If you incorporate kills / assists / anything that has to do with damaging the Ts, I think you're inevitably going to end up with less roleplay and more DM - I personally think it's ignorant to say otherwise. Giving an incentive to damage the Ts will make people want to damage the Ts more often, it seems cut and dry to me. Even cutting anything relating to damage out of the picture, I don't foresee it having a positive affect on the server due to the aforementioned reasons.

• Like 8

Reply to Thread