? servers

? players online

upgrading the potatooooo

• Content Count:  6759

I'm lazy af to use PCPartPicker soooo recommend me a build because I need a new tower. I'd prefer to spend $1200 but the max I'll go is $1400.

I'm also curious to know from you guys: do you use liquid cooling or air cooling and why do you prefer it?

• Content Count:  922

If you get an AIO water cooler the chances are very slim for any water to leak plus you don’t have to hear any more fans than you have to along with not having to dust it. Just like a fan water cooling is about the same thing just quieter and makes the cpu temp cooler by a good amount. NZXT and Corsair general make good ones for around 120+.

For me though I use my stock ryzen fan because I am broke

• Content Count:  361

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VXwLK4

Here's a build at the upper limit of your budget, the liquid cooler is optional and mostly for aesthetics as Ryzen processors come with a pretty solid stock cooler. Only included an SSD because I'm assuming you're going to reuse your storage drives. Personally I prefer air cooling because twin stack coolers are sexy, but if you can afford the premium go for it.

Also shilling my thread from earlier this year.

• Content Count:  3150

AIO water cooling is really cool (no pun intended) and easy to install, only ran me an extra $150 on my build IIRC. Especially important if you want to do some heavy OC, not so important otherwise. Just makes for a super nice clean build.

• Content Count:  361

I made this build. I think it would suit your needs as long as you're fine with a 1660.

Also I use fans because I trust it more.

$200 motherboard with a 212evo and 1660

???? B450 boards support Zen 2 and B550 is right around the corner.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

$200 motherboard with a 212evo and 1660

???? B450 boards support Zen 2 and B550 is right around the corner.

This is coming from someone who recommended a $500 GPU with a $150 CPU. B450 is also only compatible if you have a previous gen chip to update the firmware.

Reply to Thread