? servers

? players online

A Guide to the Jihad

• Content Count:  1030

Recently, I've seen a influx of people on T side who have absolutely no idea how the jihad works, and I've seen many times where people have accidentally set off their jihad, or people who have bought one and just not used it, even when they had the perfect opportunity. So here's a guide to the Jihad.

First, let's start off with a basic introduction.

What IS a Jihad?

A Jihad in Jailbreak is basically a suicide bomb that only the Terrorist (prisoner) side can purchase. They are available for purchase at the beginning of each round, and when set off, they have a three-ish second cooldown before they set off.

How do I buy a Jihad?

At the beginning of each round, when you first spawn into the cells, there is a pop-up on the left side of your screen, asking if you wish to purchase a Jihad. These cost $10,000. However, if you wish to buy a Jihad at the beginning of the round, hurry because there are only a limited supply available for each round!

How does the Jihad work?

After you activate the Jihad, there are a two things that can happen. The first thing that can happen is that the Jihad will be a dud, and a message in chat will appear, along with a sound effect. It will say something along the lines of "Better luck next time". CTs CAN kill you for activating a Jihad that fails to go off.

The second thing that could happen is that the Jihad successfully is set off. Then, a loud sound effect will be played for everyone to hear. This is your time to act. CTs CAN and will attempt to kill you when they hear this sound effect. You have three seconds from the activation to the explosion of the Jihad. The sound effect is something along the lines of ALALALALALALALALA.

How do I activate my Jihad?

In order to activate a jihad, you must type the command into the chat. The command to set off a Jihad is !explode or /explode. However, I suggest binding your jihad to a specific key, because sometimes you will only get a split-second chance to activate your jihad, and typing it into the chat will take too long.

To bind the jihad, type this command into console:

bind "" "say !explode"

Since this is a server-specific command, binding this key to explode will not work, as it is not an official CS:GO command, such as cl_righthand is.

If you're confused about binding the key, check out my guide to Jailbreak Binds:

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96252

What is the best time to use a Jihad?

This is situational, and there are many different opportunities to use a Jihad. I would suggest using your Jihad when there are at least 2-3 CTs in close proximity to you. I would also suggest hiding in a crowd for as long as you can after activating the Jihad, because the CTs WILL hear the sound effect and will try to spray you down.

NOTE

If you kill someone with the Jihad, it will count towards your kills. You WILL die, because it is a suicide bomb, but any CTs that die because of your Jihad will be added to your kill and point count.

I hope this guide was helpful, if there's anything wrong or missing feel free to leave a comment and I'll fix it.

• Like 6
Edited by Benzene
fixed the dud jihad thingy

• Content Count:  1654

CTs CANNOT kill you for activating a Jihad that fails to go off.

Um... using your Jihad is an attempt to kill which means you can be killed for it even if it is a dud and doesn't go off.

for confirmation, just in case nothing was changed and I hadn't noticed I'm tagging @Bacon

• Like 4

• Content Count:  701

Um... using your Jihad is an attempt to kill which means you can be killed for it even if it is a dud and doesn't go off.

for confirmation, just in case nothing was changed and I hadn't noticed I'm tagging @Bacon

Greggy is correct, you are able to kill people for attempting to jihad you even when it is a dud.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3287

How does the Jihad work?

After you activate the Jihad, there are a two things that can happen. The first thing that can happen is that the Jihad will be a dud, and a message in chat will appear, along with a sound effect. It will say something along the lines of "Better luck next time". CTs CANNOT kill you for activating a Jihad that fails to go off.

thats dumb af

EDIT: Just read the rest of the thread, my post is useless now, nvm xd

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.