? servers

? players online

Suggestion for TTT...

• Content Count:  1051

I think TTT should have a defibrillator.

(Why and what is that?)

A defib is an item that can revive players and turn them into T's (T weapon only)

So, per say my friend who died was an inno, and I defibbed him, he would instantly be a T (with 50 hp)

Or if my tbuddy died, I could res him back to life.

• Content Count:  1952

I think TTT should have a defibrillator.

(Why and what is that?)

A defib is an item that can revive players and turn them into T's (T weapon only)

So, per say my friend who died was an inno, and I defibbed him, he would instantly be a T (with 50 hp)

Or if my tbuddy died, I could res him back to life.

If the T is dead, they'll be able to spectate anyone on the map that is alive. This gives the T ghosting power and probably won't ever get implemented. This has been talked about in other threads and rejected every time.

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95659&highlight=defibrillator

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=90783&highlight=defibrillator

• Like 4
Edited by Noxstar

• Content Count:  1654

Hi, this was just briefly discussed between myself and some higher-ups who gave their opinion on this and I would like to change the topic at hand just a bit. Like Noxstar had stated, It would be completely unfair for someone who dies then gets revived and could see those who are dead and alive + locations of the players but instead why not give the T 15-30 seconds of a black screen with a prompt telling them why ("You're T buddies can revive you within the next 30 seconds"). If they revive you then great you're back in and if they don't revive you in time you will be sent to normal spectator view and can see and hear dead chat like usual. This is also optional ofc but if the T is identified before they are revived they are no longer able to be revived because of the message that pops up in chat showing who is who when they die.

I see this as being manipulated as well to being a detective item for innos/detectives being revived and doesn't matter if the person had been identified or not already because obviously you want to know if you are reviving a T or an Inno lol.

Just my 2c but I want to hear more about this specific version of it.

Edit:

Without knowing how the plugins work for TTT, specifically with role assignments, would an item that changes an innocent into a traitor while they're still alive be reasonable/possible?

@Kieran forgot to mention so thanks for bringing it up, we would not be having an item such as defib allow you to revive anyone and they become either into an Inno(if the dead body was a T) or an into a T(if the dead body was an Inno). In general, this would be too confusing and also mess with how karma would be distributed because you may be both a T and an Inno in one life and get a confusing amount of karma depending on your kills.

• Like 3
Edited by Greggy G

• Content Count:  1633

Without knowing how the plugins work for TTT, specifically with role assignments, would an item that changes an innocent into a traitor while they're still alive be reasonable/possible?

I think it would be super interesting having an item that works as that. Somehow find a way for a traitor to select an alive innocent, then the player gets an easy to see notification saying they've become a traitor. Could provide a really interesting dynamic to the server. Using this on people already tested/proven could become really strategic to the game.

Maybe to counter such a strong weapon, if either player dies it essentially exposes the other. For example, if the initial traitor dies, a message is left on their body that says they persuaded player X to join their side, essentially deeming them KOS. If the new traitor dies, a message is left on their body saying they were persuaded by player Y.

I'm not sure how many people would complain about becoming traitor out of nowhere.

Again, no clue about the plugins on the server so I don't even know if anything in the realm of that suggestion would be feasible. Probably some problems with this idea too since it essentially revolves around player bias. Maybe it selects the innocent randomly? Just some food for thought.

In general, this would be too confusing and also mess with how karma would be distributed because you may be both a T and an Inno in one life and get a confusing amount of karma depending on your kills.

That is a problem too.

Edited by Kieran
Edited in response to Greggy's edit to my response to his response

• Content Count:  1253

I think woltjohng made a suggestion thread with an item similar to this one. Where you can revive a player to come back on all sides T, Detective, Inno. This would be overpowered because you would already see all the players in spectator mode and that would compromise their spots. Also, players wouldn’t want to stare at a random blank screen or something amongst those lines if we do try and prevent cheating while using this item. I just see this as overpowered and what would be the credit cost, also, is there going to be any negative effects other than having half your health dissipate, maybe the max health and armor a revived player could get is 100 combined. I just can’t see it fitting in with the current meta of TTT. (The super quick fast-paced rounds that is)

Reply to Thread