? servers

? players online

Reworking our recognition ranks

• Content Count:  4798

Kind of bummed out with losing powers after 10 years but overall i think this is a good move to adress the large variation in contribution to the community within the old LG ranks. I take it that i can no longer wear the [sG] tag, so what are the new proper tags for the veteran rank?

Cheers.

Edit: also the new rank might have broken avatars/sigs

• Like 1
Edited by SilentGuns

• Content Count:  884

Aww :(

Part of my master plan to finally vote for myself and win Veteran of the Year. Had to cull the competition.

But also hugely bummed

Edit: following up SilentGuns' point, both awards and messaging are also a bit janky. Understandable that it'll take a bit to fix.

• Like 1
Edited by Unnamed Newbie

• Content Count:  8754

How many Legends even play on SG servers anymore?

Without knowing a lot of the work done behind the scenes for the change, based on the general eligibility I think it may make sense to give veterans at least an A level of powers, if not SA like Legends.

• Like 28

• Content Count:  701

Without knowing a lot of the work done behind the scenes for the change, based on the general eligibility I think it may make sense to give veterans at least an A level of powers, if not SA like Legends.

I completely agree with this, veterans should have SA power because some of them actually frequent the servers and help out. Most of them were also the people who managed the servers so not allowing them to have power on a server they used to manage and help out on is a little weird to me. I think people should be granted HG if they are a longtime admin or you have contributed a lot to the growth of the community. Veteran should be kinda like retired staff in the sense that it should mainly consist of AT's IA's and once and a while a CA that has put in a lot more work but just never wanted to get to AT.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  5674

Veterans don't have any specific tag to wear currently, but we do have another announcement coming up that will allow all non-admins to represent SG in a new way. In regards to the permissions issues, we'll get them all fixed as soon as possible.

• Like 6

Reply to Thread