? servers

? players online

Some form of replay system PLEASE.

• Content Count:  60

I think the server needs some form of replay cause there are too many rdms/fks that happen on this server from ttt to jb. I think this will allow admin to not only able to punish the player for wrongdoing. cause I'm tired of getting this "I cant based it off logs." Even though its a valid reason but I think there should be some form of the replay system. Even if one the wrongdoing and I get away with stuff I shouldn't of get away with.

• Content Count:  908

I think the server needs some form of replay cause there are too many rdms/fks that happen on this server from ttt to jb. I think this will allow admin to not only able to punish the player for wrongdoing. cause I'm tired of getting this "I cant based it off logs." Even though its a valid reason but I think there should be some form of the replay system. Even if one the wrongdoing and I get away with stuff I shouldn't of get away with.

This would use up a ton of storage, TTT alone goes through 40 maps a day, add that with JB and the storage we would need would be insane. Even If this was implemented how would it work? Would we need an admin to go through every log looking for every rdm?

Edited by Infinityward

• Content Count:  60

This would use up a ton of storage, TTT alone goes through 40 maps a day, add that with JB and the storage we would need would be insane.

there could some form of deleting system after two maps enough time for someone to download the dl and use it as evidence.

when I said two maps I mean like the map that is currently playing and next map that is coming up

Edited by DKN

• Content Count:  1559

well CSGO has a death replay where you can see how you died through the persons POV but due to a bug where you could see SMAC through the replay it was disabled on JB. I dont know if it was disabled on TTT but if they are able to fix that then they might be able to re-enable it. (also this isnt really a solution to the problem as you would still have to record it but it could help alot more with complaints and stuff)

• Content Count:  908

there should some forum of deleting system after two maps enough time for someone to download the dl and use it as evidence.

when I said two maps I mean like the map that is currently playing and next map that is coming up

So a admin would get a report of RDM, they would have to tab out, go to some website and download the demo or video, watch it and act on it possibly a map later? This seems a little ridiculous, if you're getting rdmed that much your best bet is to make a player complaint.

• Content Count:  633

Yeah. This seems like a good idea in theory, but sounds like a bit too much hassle if you really think about it. TTT admins have enough on their plate without having to spend time reviewing demos. TTT is a scary place to admin because you can easily get on the server population's bad side if you are not careful. I just feel like this is way too much to add on to what they're already asked to do. Good idea in theory though!

• Content Count:  1633

It's not dumb at all. It could be used for player complaints so people don't have to have recording software on them whenever they're playing. I used a system like this on Swoobles and whenever I had a player complain about a hacker or something like that all I needed was a time and a map.

It's asking more of players to install recording software, gain evidence, and submit it just to get a rule breaker banned. This would be a great addition and it was a dumb idea to shoot it down last time.

• Like 1
Edited by Kieran

It's not dumb at all. It could be used for player complaints so people don't have to have recording software on them whenever they're playing. I used a system like this on Swoobles and whenever I had a player complain about a hacker or something like that all I needed was a time and a map.

It's not dumb at all. Just impractical.

It's quite practical, actually. Have a bot record demos of the map and save them. Players and admins could access it, download them, and use them as evidence as needed.

Maybe impractical is the wrong word. It's useful and sounds like a great idea, but it is a lot to ask of TTT admins who already have enough on their plate. TTT is basically a circus. It's too much to ask of the server and of the admin. Storing those kinds of demos would be a hassle, as well, because there will not always be someone there to review them and we can't be saving replays from days ago just to ban someone for RDM'ing, which sometimes is accidental anyways. Plus, the punishment for RDM isn't usually a ban unless it happens multiple times. Usually, you would slay them and there's no sense in waiting until they get on the server and saying "This is for that RDM you committed 3 weeks ago!" It just doesn't work.

• Like 6
Edited by Dreamz

Reply to Thread