? servers

? players online

A move towards Discord

• Content Count:  590

Casual racism is still racism and whether or not you're arguing what you would personally do or others will do your argument is still largely based around being able to say words that society sees as racism, which, is a non-issue.

Thank you for bringing the most ignorant take in this thread champ. The people thanking you for anything to do with the racism issue should neck so that the average IQ will go up here.

For clarification I don't give a flying fuck if you guys use any of these words and have been known to use a few of them myself. Arguing something that is purely policy based as a reason that one product is better than another is nonsensical and is an argument that belongs in the trash.

But please continue to tell me how I'm taking your garbage argument out of context.

I read your posts on this thread and I'm just trying to figure out why you have to be this petty and argue. We both agree that the community probably doesn't really want to move toward discord because everyone chooses teamspeak and it shouldn't be forced upon us and we should just have the choice. Maybe our reasoning is different, you think we shouldn't move because the community doesn't want to (which I believe the same just didn't mention it). I don't know why you have to bash on me for it by calling my argument garbage when we literally want the same goal.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  5375

I read your posts on this thread and I'm just trying to figure out why you have to be this petty and argue. We both agree that the community probably doesn't really want to move toward discord because everyone chooses teamspeak and it shouldn't be forced upon us and we should just have the choice. Maybe our reasoning is different, you think we shouldn't move because the community doesn't want to (which I believe the same just didn't mention it). I don't know why you have to bash on me for it by calling my argument garbage when we literally want the same goal.

I'm telling you your argument is garbage because it doesn't help the overall argument. Do you think the BDs are going to read your main post and go "Hmm.... didn't think about people not being able to use slang with racist connotations" and poof teamspeak gets to stay? I don't expect you to see the big picture here and really don't give a fuck if your homies are mad at me calling them retarded or not. I'm trying to help the argument for teamspeak by getting rid of shitty arguments that could ultimately hurt the overall argument. You can read some of the responses from the board in this thread where they lump a lot of the arguments into nostalgia or preference based arguments and disregard them. What do you think the response to your argument is going to be if that is the case?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  590

I'm telling you your argument is garbage because it doesn't help the overall argument. Do you think the BDs are going to read your main post and go "Hmm.... didn't think about people not being able to use slang with racist connotations" and poof teamspeak gets to stay? I don't expect you to see the big picture here and really don't give a fuck if your homies are mad at me calling them retarded or not. I'm trying to help the argument for teamspeak by getting rid of shitty arguments that could ultimately hurt the overall argument. You can read some of the responses from the board in this thread where they lump a lot of the arguments into nostalgia or preference based arguments and disregard them. What do you think the response to your argument is going to be if that is the case?

My main point in that post is the part that I bolded. Maybe the racist I shouldn't have mentioned because it's not a main problem of switching but I'll mention some other things now. Majority of people will leave the main discord to go into their own discord and that will be the fall of the discord. In months time, the discord will slowly lose people that will eventually be dead. Teamspeak is the only way we can maintain a consistent wave of players coming online. Teamspeak has better voice quality and has better perks than discord besides the text channels. I've been in so many discords with thousands of people and the most people you will find on at a time is 6 people and 4 of them are deafened. And the last part which I mentioned in my main post, why be in a discord where I'm restricted where I can just go to my own with all of my friends?

• Like 13

• Content Count:  1253

Personally I like TeamSpeak because for me it is pretty easy to use and I think I can speak for everyone on the same behalf. As for Discord it is more of a professional front and it is free compared to TeamSpeak. But, as idealist said, that is covered by donations for SUB/VIP no problem. Anyways, Discord and TeamSpeak have about the same voice quality and Discord offers DDoS protection in terms of not showing your IP. The TeamSpeak owners of the server can see your IP in like two clicks. Also, both Discord and TeamSpeak use Opus as their codec. We can adjust to the switch as a community but I can definitely see where we could lose a lot of people because of this switch. Furthermore, it would be easier to use Discord, because, CA+ can give ranks to people even if they don’t have a forums account, it would be much easier to host some events, and it would be just a better outlook for SG. Obviously many people will be angry that they can’t make their own channels but in my opinion that won’t be strong enough as an argument to stop the switch to Discord. In the long run we’re saving money we could put towards other things. Discord is also more user friendly and the abuse of powers will be much harder! I don’t see why we have to be so cut throat towards each others ideas and change won’t hurt!

• Content Count:  1799

The best thing people who oppose a full transition to Discord is to allow a trial run. As I believe its best to remain open-minded and allow a chance for change, as opposed to remaining close-minded and end up being on the wrong side of history.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread