? servers

? players online

Quick Q with no P's

• Content Count:  1799

Referencing this thread, https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=93429, Extreme said this...

The initial premise behind this was with AO when one of the responsibilities of that rank was to handle player/admin disputes. Now that it isn't an AT responsibility and has been delegated to IA's and BD's, there is no reason for them to have it in my opinion. We'll update you shortly with what the course of action for this will be.

Seeing as there's so many staff channels, CIA HQ, Trump Tower, Staff Meeting 1 & 2, AT Channel. I've just never seen an IA actually utilize this ability to aid them in their duties, bare in mind that I also don't stare at each IA while they're in TS. Which brings me to my question, how does them having that ability assist them in their duties of handling player/admin disputes?

In addition to my first question, is there any clear policy in place that restricts them from using that ability when it's not to aid them in handling their duties?

• Like 4
Edited by Manny

• Content Count:  2693

The power to join private channels were removed from ATs because it was becoming a problem. A couple of people were abusing the power and it was decided that it would be removed from the whole rank. That isn't a problem with the current IA team. We all ask before we join channels, we don't join a channel without permission. It may have happened a couple of times but for the most part we always ask the channel admin for permission. Half of the time, IA+ just sit in a staff channel either muted or talking to someone. Whenever we want to speak to someone we ask them if they are busy and then we move them in. There are many situations in which we have to join a private channel. If we were to have to de-escalate a situation, we'd have to join. If someone asks us to join the channel and speak to them, we would have to join. It's more convenient for us to join a private channel to handle minor things than to constantly move people in and out of a channel. If you are asking for the ability to join private channels to be removed, that's probably not going to happen. If you're asking for the ability to move people out of private channels, that's probably not going to happen.

• Like 8
Edited by John

• Content Count:  1799

The power to join private channels were removed from ATs because it was becoming a problem. A couple of people were abusing the power and it was decided that it would be removed from the whole rank. That isn't a problem with the current IA team. We all ask before we join channels, we don't join a channel without permission. It may have happened a couple of times but for the most part we always ask the channel admin for permission. Half of the time, IA+ just sit in a staff channel either muted or talking to someone.

This part doesn't answer a single part of my question and seems to just make some wild assumptions of what I asked, when I was just asking a simple question.

Whenever we want to speak to someone we ask them if they are busy and then we move them in.

This also doesn't really help me with my question nor does it explain how the ability to join channels w/o the password aide you guys in your responsibilities.

There are many situations in which we have to join a private channel. If we were to have to de-escalate a situation, we'd have to join. If someone asks us to join the channel and speak to them, we would have to join. It's more convenient for us to join a private channel to handle minor things than to constantly move people in and out of a channel.

This mostly answered my first question, and thank you, while I feel that most of this stuff can be dealt with, through the channels I've expressed before, I can see the utilization in the ability. However, my point still stands in that I've just never seen it actually be used for the hypothetical situations you've stated, but I'm also not an IA and wouldn't know every thing everyone does so I could be completely wrong.

If you are asking for the ability to join private channels to be removed, that's not going to happen.

I didn't, nor do I want it to be.

If you're asking for the ability to move people out of private channels, that's not going to happen.

I don't know what this means, but no, I'm not. The only questions I'm asking are the ones stated in my first post.

• Like 3
Edited by Manny

Reply to Thread