? servers

? players online

LR interruption and the problem with them

• Content Count:  417

According to the rules, "LRs are considered to be complete when the prisoner and/or participating CT dies". That was to prevent Ts from taking advantage of LRs in which CTs kill themselves during the LR (Rock Paper Scissors/other custom LRs). However, there is no clear interpretation for term interrupted, when discussing "If a prisoner's LR is interrupted, they may request another one". If another T shoots a CT, the LR does not end. So if another T kills the CT in the active LR, then following current rules, a CT can kill the LRing T, who may have not done anything wrong. The way to resolve this is to add clarify and define an interruption of an LR interruption

Always here to clear up the rules,

RemixedPixel

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1559

Yeah I have seen this happen in game where the LR is interrupted the the T is killed even though they didn't do anything wrong. I think the rule should be stated like "LRs are considered complete when a T or CT die in result of their LR partner winning the LR" or something along those lines

• Content Count:  3294

Yeah I have seen this happen in game where the LR is interrupted the the T is killed even though they didn't do anything wrong. I think their rule should be stated like "LRs are considered complete when a T or CT die in result of their LR partner winning the LR" or something along those lines

That is still freekilling. If your LR-partner is killed it's common knowledge that you can not be killed because your LR was interrupted., the T and CT were not able to complete the LR.

That is still freekilling. If your LR-partner is killed it's common knowledge that you can not be killed because your LR was interrupted., the T and CT were not able to complete the LR.

Yet without clear definition of the word, CTs can do so freely, and admins can't enforce orders based on "common knowledge".

• Content Count:  2162

Well come cts pass it off as "well their lr partner died so the LR ended"

Doesnt it say something along the lines of “LR Aborted!” in chat? To me thats a clear indication that the LR was not completed, therefore the T can not be killed as he has not completed his last request

Theres been so much taking the rules literally in jailbreak lately that we’re defining every situation when in reality most of it is common sense. The playerbase needs to start promoting people using their common sense instead of trying to “bend the rules”, when they clearly know what should and shouldnt be done

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1253

You are super petty and obnoxious if you kill or !slayme mid LR just so you can get one person killed. Anyways, it displays a message about who cheated the LR and most of the time CTs let the T Re-LR if the CT has to cheat it in order to kill a T. In order to prevent this nothing should have to be changed people should know how to read a clear message. (Obviously when someone kills their opposing LR fiend they are now KOS.

• Content Count:  1030

When a LR is cheated (such as a CT uses a weapon not part of the LR), harms another T, or a T knifes a CT, or harms a CT not in LR, the LR will immediately be aborted and it will display in chat which person cheated, whether it was the T or the CT. Action can be taken according to that, but I will admit that I have seen a couple of times that when a CT cheats, the LR-omg T is sprayed down.

Maybe the best way would be to add this to the rules: When the LR is cheated by a prisoner, they are KOS. However, if the LR is cheated by a guard, the prisoner may re-LR and is not KOS.

Doesnt it say something along the lines of “LR Aborted!” in chat? To me thats a clear indication that the LR was not completed, therefore the T can not be killed as he has not completed his last request

Theres been so much taking the rules literally in jailbreak lately that we’re defining every situation when in reality most of it is common sense. The playerbase needs to start promoting people using their common sense instead of trying to “bend the rules”, when they clearly know what should and shouldnt be done

The problem with that is that when another non-LRing T shoots a CT but doesn't kill them, no indication is made in chat, and the LR doesn't stop. This is the main cause for concern. Of course, when another CT shoots the LRing T, then the LR is stopped, and a chat indication shows up.

Edited by RemixedPixel
clarifiication

• Content Count:  459

When a LR is cheated (such as a CT uses a weapon not part of the LR), harms another T, or a T knifes a CT, or harms a CT not in LR, the LR will immediately be aborted and it will display in chat which person cheated, whether it was the T or the CT. Action can be taken according to that, but I will admit that I have seen a couple of times that when a CT cheats, the LR-omg T is sprayed down.

Maybe the best way would be to add this to the rules: When the LR is cheated by a prisoner, they are KOS. However, if the LR is cheated by a guard, the prisoner may re-LR and is not KOS.

I've been dealing with this for awhile, I've been killed several times after my CT partner died to another T because, "The LR ended". (if the CT dies and the T hit him at least once there will be an assist which makes the T kos anyway) And with cheating what benzene is said (When the LR is cheated by a prisoner, they are KOS. However, if the LR is cheated by a guard, the prisoner may re-LR and is not KOS.) would be a nice addition to the direct !rules page or even !faq :d.

Reply to Thread