? servers

? players online

Is Pixel Surfing an exploit?

• Content Count:  1952

Is Pixel Surfing an exploit? I just wanna know so I don't get banned. if you don't know what it is heres some vids.

> Banned in competitive scene

> CS:GO bug

In the first 5 seconds, you can tell it's about exploits with the title being PIXEL-SURFING. Don't do it.

Edited by Noxstar

• Content Count:  1671

I don't really think this should be a ruling for only JB, but for all servers since you're asking about an exploit. It can be considered as an exploit in a competitive tournament play since it would give you a tiny advantage, but we're playing on community servers here so we're aiming at making things more casual than competitive. The only server that would need to maybe have a ruling is Scrim, it's the only server that has a competitive aspect to it. I'm not saying retakes would need this because it's more fast-paced and trying to do these would require more time and no one would ever go through with it. Every other server; Who cares... there's more focus on playing the game than worrying about a surf spot that probably gives no advantage at all. If it's a general map exploit that actually provides a massive advantage like being invisible or immune from being hit or an almost impossible place to get to, then yes it follows in the rules and should be reported by managers so they can find a way to eliminate the exploit. My opinion.

Mini TLDR: Competitive tournament play, yes. Casual play, no

• Like 3
Edited by Im Sad

• Content Count:  459

I don't really think this should be a ruling for only JB, but for all servers since you're asking about an exploit. It can be considered as an exploit in a competitive tournament play since it would give you a tiny advantage, but we're playing on community servers here so we're aiming at making things more casual than competitive. The only server that would need to maybe have a ruling is Scrim, it's the only server that has a competitive aspect to it. I'm not saying retakes would need this because it's more fast-paced and trying to do these would require more time and no one would ever go through with it. Every other server; Who cares... there's more focus on playing the game than worrying about a surf spot that probably gives no advantage at all. If it's a general map exploit that actually provides a massive advantage like being invisible or immune from being hit or an almost impossible place to get to, then yes it follows in the rules and should be reported by managers so they can find a way to eliminate the exploit. My opinion.

Mini TLDR: Competitive tournament play, yes. Casual play, no

Considering it's a bug not meant to exist it should be acted upon but only in scrim like this man said. Its meant to be a semi-competitive environment and using a bug that lets you surf on almost invisible pixel differences isnt a good thing especially in a competitive environment.

Like Sad stated, Casual play, yes and Tournamnet play (scrim or tourney) no.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  459

It may need to be moderated in scrim, but like Sad said it shouldn't matter in casual modes like JB, because there has to be a perfect spot to do this and since most of the maps are community made it will be tough to find a spot to preform this bug. there for making it not as bad as things like scripting or hyperscrolling. But making it bannable is somthing I dont know will happen, overall do what Nox said, dont do it.

Edited by Astral
I'm dumb

• Content Count:  1253

@Slothy pixel surfing is an exploit/bug in a real game and is banned in pro/competitive games. Don’t do it in jailbreak under the impression you won’t get banned because an admin may count that as cheating. As stated by I’m Sad the only thing that it really should be a rule for is Scrim and Retakes. If you were to do it on JB they would give you a warning since not even admins here know if it’s truly illegal. I just suggest not doing it because it isn’t supposed to be in the game.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  113

The idea of being punished for pixel surfing in JB is kinda dumb, tbh. There's no benefit to pixel jumping on JB in the maps where it does exist for either the T or CT side. As far as I know, there's a pixel surf on

the edge of dodge course platform on undertale where if you wait for the platform to fall down you can hook yourself on the edge of two textures

clouds extreme climb but clouds gone so ayy

electric vip obstacle course, (used to?) be able to surf on wall opposite the ladder but this is a completely pointless spot besides hiding and why not just be on the ladder

It's not about it being tough to find spots to perform the bug; once you find spots to do it at, you end up in an arguably worse position to be in, on T or CT. As a T, you're either disobeying another order in these spots (be in/actively pursuing dodge course, be actively pursuing extreme climb, how tf would this last spot be useful). As CT, you're j chilling in a super weird spot where it might be easier to get knifed. I don't think its ever been an issue, or really could ever be one, so why worry about it?

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1105

Honestly there would be no real reason to even pixel surf because as T you’re either given orders you must follow or a free day and again most of the maps do not have that bug on it. There’d also be no reason to do it as a CT as well considering it makes you inaccurate as all hell and you should be helping enforce orders with your other CT buddies. As Noxstar said don’t do it there’d be no reason and it’s an exploit.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread