? servers

? players online

"Crossfire"

• Content Count:  459

In JB there was an issue that has happened alot since I came back from my break. When a ct is trying to kill a rebeller in iso on razer for example, it's a tight room therefore not alot of space to move. If one of the Ts gets a gun and starts shooting out of iso (also happens In medic) there is sometimes a CT that essentially tries 1v1ing the T that's shooting. If it is be on back wall and this happens the ct shoots into the iso trying to kill the rebeller but this can cause crazy amounts of "crossfire", in some cases killing half or more of the T team. This kind of thing also happens If there is a big group of people running at a CT and either traps them or get close enough to knife, one T knifes and agian in some cases the CT sprays at the rebeller killing (depending on the amount of T chasing him) a lot of the T team. The CT then says "it was crossfire", problems like these look like mass free kill depending on the sheer mass of Ts that die in situations like these. Would in these situations be crossfire or just blatant mass free kill. Should this result in some sort of punishment.

Edited by Astral
I'm dumb

• Content Count:  382

I am pretty sure this is already against the rules there are definitely crossfires, but I am very sure a ct is not allowed to shoot in to a crowd at least that’s what I’ve been told.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  382

That's why I'm asking, I am trying to see if even if you kill the rebeller, is it still crossfire or is it just free killing aswell ad shooting into a crowd.

I would consider it free kill if it is a crowd and it’s like one rebelled shooting and tell the guy not to shoot into a crowd

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1253

To clarify shooting in a stack is different than a crowd. If there are many people separated but still in the same general area that’s a crowd. If they are inseparable then they are a stack. Or unless they are literally stacked on top of each-other. Shooting into a stack is never allowed but shooting in a crowd is allowed but is frowned upon because you can kill multiple instead of the person you want to kill. If you crossfire 1-2-3 people that’s fine or you may be slayed if it’s blatant but if it’s anymore chances are you will be slayed for free killing. I for instance told everyone to bum rush soccer but 3 people stayed. I shot one because he didn’t move from the door way. Then I did the same thing to another but the last guy had an AK-47. I shot them again for not moving after the allotted time. Then they went back in and I sprayed them since they weren’t following directions for like a minute to a minute and a half and cause the guy had a primary. If they were both in the door way and the guy with the primary was behind them and I sprayed I wouldn’t be slayed since I got the guy and they weren’t listening to my orders to begin with. Also your situation is free-kill since he’s just spraying not knowing the outcome especially in a compact area like Isolation. I’ve only done it to Chy since I knew the outcome. So all in all just don’t spray a stack or that’s free-kill and it’s even in the rules.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  168

In my experience of playing jb and opinion on this matter if 1 t is killed along with the rebeler who was shooting or just rebel I would consider this as crossfire anything more than 1 is unreasonable as you can just give an order quickly like all t unstack face the ground and freeze ,to kill the rebeler. Many og players that been playing for more than 1 year tend to slay if they kill 2 players along with the rebeler. Hope my opinion can help a little with this post as I also want to know the answer asap.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3294

Yes everyone sprays into a crowd if one person has a gun and kills everyone and says sorry crossfire, gets on my nervres.

This has been brought up A LOT in past threads, so I'll sum it up for you. If one person has a primary in a stack of T's (Let's say 3+ for our sake) and they spray them all down that's freekilling, not crossfire. It's only crossfire when they clearly tried to kill one T with a gun, and another T may have stacked into him, walked into him, or the guy's aim was trash; Because of this vague definition, lots of mishaps and freekillings getaway, there's no way to solve it (Sorry). If someone is claiming "Crossfire" all the time when it was blatantly a freekill, type !calladmin and report them or make a player complaint with proper evidence.

A CT should (hopefully) know when to shoot and sacrifice a possible one T death for a rebeller, or know when to not shoot and save multiple innocent lives

^Not an official response, just my own.

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL

Reply to Thread