? servers

? players online

Free Kill Command

• Content Count:  793

There should be a way where a T can mark a kill as a Free kill (FK). In my opinion, this would help CT realize if they FK (assuming it wasn't on purpose). When playing on CT sometimes you can run into a situation where you don't know if you just FK or you didn't realize. Having a command like !fk when you die would give an alert to the CT that the person they killed marked there kill as a FK. From here maybe, you could type to the T or have some sort of communication open. This is because when a CT kills a T they have no way of talking to them until the next round.

Another thing you could do with this is to have an auto-slay feature. If someone hits a certain amount of !fk reports they get auto-slayed that round.

Of course, both of these things could be abused so they would have to be balanced.

I just think it would help sometimes, tell me what you think :)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1671

!fk Is just fine as it is, simple way to alert the admin to a possible freekiller. Nothing more should be added to that as it would make it too complicated than it should be. A message between to the people would go nowhere in my opinion. It would be a back and forth banter between the two or the freekilller would ignore the person and go on with the round till the next. Auto-slay system should never be added due to people targeting others for unjust reasons.

If it's a continuous problem, you can always submit a player complaint here: https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/forms.php?do=form&fid=4

Edited by Im Sad

• Content Count:  5674

!fk my guy

That command alerts admins, he's suggesting a command to help people who aren't intentionally freekilling by telling them what they did was wrong and allowing both players to communicate.

And he also suggested the auto-slay thing, I'm sure someone else is gonna come into this thread and refute that idea so I won't get into it.

• Content Count:  793

That command alerts admins, he's suggesting a command to help people who aren't intentionally freekilling by telling them what they did was wrong and allowing both players to communicate.

And he also suggested the auto-slay thing, I'm sure someone else is gonna come into this thread and refute that idea so I won't get into it.

Yes, thanks. To clarify, I just used !fk as an example. The command can be whatever.

• Content Count:  1559

Correct me if im wrong but you got this idea from gmod's ttt server rdm report system, where you report someone for rdm and they have to type out the reason why they did it and afterwards you can either cancel the report or report it as rdm.

This system isnt really all that different from doing !fk and waiting for the next round to ask them and if they ignore you, you can just call an admin.

Adding something like this would simply make it more complicated and as Im Sad said if it gets worse make a player complaint

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2342

me

Auto-slay will never happen for the same reason we don't allow vote bans or vote kicks... give random people power and they'll abuse it.

I actually like this suggestion for !fk. !fk is useless compared to !calladmin, so this gives !fk some actual functionality.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1103

me

Auto-slay will never happen for the same reason we don't allow vote bans or vote kicks... give random people power and they'll abuse it.

I actually like this suggestion for !fk. !fk is useless compared to !calladmin, so this gives !fk some actual functionality.

If this becomes a thing, maybe how it works is that it takes like 5 different people use the command and it’ll slay the CT who FKd to possibly help with abuse. It might be abused (you know how JB is), but it might be a valid option

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2342

If this becomes a thing, maybe how it works is that it takes like 5 different people use the command and it’ll slay the CT who FKd to possibly help with abuse. It might be abused (you know how JB is), but it might be a valid option

As long as there's a possibility of abuse that causes the detriment of another player on the server it's highly unlikely we'll add this.

@Bacon @Military_king thoughts

• Like 2

• Content Count:  701

Right now the !fk command only sends to admins and is not as good as !calladmin so i think that it would be good to change it so that it notifies the player who supposedly "freekilled" so that they can have a chat about why they think it was a freekill. The only problem i see with the things i said above is that this could cause a lot of arguing and unnecessary chatter amongst the players and therefore getting out of hand. My personal thoguth before this thread was that we should remove the command because it is useless but you have brought up a good suggestion.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  958

I dont think the /fk command for admins is useless. sure most admins probably dismiss them but thats because most of the time someones reporting a well known reg with a decent reputation. !calladmin also has more of a punishment for abusing it so its taken more seriously. i think /fk is a good way to quickly let admins know of a fk, it lets us react faster than a !calladmin since they take longer to submit. I agree with Fantastic that autoslay should never be a thing. I dont mind adding a command for Ts to let the CT know they might’ve freekilled if it results in civil conversation and not toxicity but i dont think we should take the admin /fk away.

Reply to Thread