? servers

? players online

[TTT] Has DNA death notification

• Content Count:  84

There have been more than a few times where I have killed a person off of DNA as a detective and they call RDM. Although I know that I acted within the rules of the server they think that I have just RDM'd them out of the blue. And who is to say that a Detective does or does not have DNA? To my knowledge there is no way of determining if someone has DNA or not, other than watching/recording them and assuming that they pressed E on a body. To counter this issue I think there should be a notification upon death of the victim of a detective stating if the detective has DNA. The best place would probably be on a new line under the "You were killed by a Detective." death notification stating: "Has DNA: (Yes or No)".

• Content Count:  1423

Not a bad idea, would probably be better to throw a message in console similar to when T/Ds buy items saying something like "Detective _____ has found DNA on 'Dead Dude' from 'Murderer'"

• Like 1

• Content Count:  84

I just checked and scanning bodies does show up in console. It would still be nice to have a notification for the victim so it makes things a little more clear, especially because you can't check logs until the round ends.

• Content Count:  539

DNA collection does show in the console but a lot of players wouldn't know to look there for that information.

It would be nice to instantly give the dead player this information alongside the "You were killed by a(n)... ". It could be as simple as "You were killed by a Detective with DNA"

• Like 3

• Content Count:  927

DNA collection does show in the console but a lot of players wouldn't know to look there for that information.

It would be nice to instantly give the dead player this information alongside the "You were killed by a(n)... ". It could be as simple as "You were killed by a Detective with DNA"

If this could be implemented then I think it should be introduced if possible. Would help more to reduce chaos imo.

• Content Count:  459

I believe imo that this would be a cool implement and makes the server a little less chaotic and cause less confusion overall.

• Content Count:  1105

Like what Astral said, whenever I am in-game and a Detective kills a Traitor the type in admin chat claiming they were rdmed and I have to constantly go into the console and pull up the log in it saying it that "Detective ____ has found DNA on ____ from ____(murder)" and show it to them and having it show up on the screen like a private sm_csay saying "Detective ___ has found your DNA on ___" could really help with constant RDM complaints

Reply to Thread