? servers

? players online

what happend to ZE

• Content Count:  1381

We banned someone who likes lolis, and everyone went somewhere else. Don’t worry, this is just the life cycle of ZE. Also, it isn’t summer anymore, so people can’t spend 12 hours a day on the server. Server management may have also caused its downfall, but idk since I left as soon as it went down hill.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  760

First thing is to join this SG ZE Group: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SGescape

We are going to keep this active like here with latest events and players outside events reach each other to play on ZE. Always keep an eye of the forums but if you got friends who are not joining the forums - get them on here (which hopefully join as members here on the forums). Step by step is how we get ZE going again, it's with you as a member, as myself as an admin + team and the rest of us.

There is an new another event happening soon (winters SG weekly event), starting soon but we have a few players on now - join in.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  1253

I’ve played quite a good bit yesterday and I’m continuing to play even more and I want to say it is a great server. It’s really fun to play with friends and the community is great for ZE and it is friendly and welcoming too us JB bots. The probable cause of its demise is because it isn’t the summer where we can grind or pull all nighters continuously. I hope we can all go to the event for ZE, good luck with the revival phase!

• Content Count:  18

To me, I don't think its part of the server not being active only during the summer. Even during Thanksgiving Break and Winter Break the server was still mostly dead. I just think the main problem is that none of the old regs want to really play anymore. They all move to GFL because it's always active. And while it might be easy to say that well it's just the reg's faults, I think its more of a problem that SG never had new players coming in.

TLDR; SG needs to find a way to get new players because it was based on an old playerbase that has no interest in really returning after the incident with the "banned player".

BTW ZE admin

• Like 1

• Content Count:  437

There are a lot of reasons as to why ZE is currently in the state that its in. It could be simply that people are busy with school or life to people simply losing interest in playing Zombie Escape. There always has to be that new wave of players that join to replace the old members and that just simply isn't happening. I agree with @WickedZealot in joining the steam group as most of the events are posted there as well as on this forum. Events are a great way for newer players to experience Zombie escape and receiving guidance on how to play rather than joining an empty server and figuring it out yourself. ZE has been really active lately with all the events going on and all of you should definitely join and experience it.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  17

You guys gotta stop blaming it on school. I'm not gonna say school didn't play a part but the server died 2 weeks before school even started and during breaks, no one comes on. It just no one wants to play because you banned the old regs and the server built up a terrible reputation so no new players want to join to fill in the gaps.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6

The long period of inactivity on the server is definitely unnatural, even if we didn't hit 64 players consistently we usually had a decent population throughout the year. The biggest issue is that no one is willing to be the initial player sitting on the server anymore. A good deal of ZE regulars did that during fall as the population declined, but it gets old real quick. People want to play ZE, and with SG ZE dead for so long they will find other options.

Events are nice and get people on, but they just don't keep players on past the end. New regulars are needed, but we can't gain those when the server is empty outside of weekends.

Reply to Thread