? servers

? players online

Would you like to see SG introduce a KZ server?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see SG introduce a KZ server?

• Yes!
    • No! (Please comment why you voted)

KZ Server

• Content Count:  2162

Is it possible to merge this with bhop? I think making a separate kz server is good and all but I believe it might die out within a month with only 5 active players.

Personally i think this would hurt the bhop server more than help. Its been discussed in the past adding similar gamemode servers together, however it was concluded that people would end up leaving if they didnt want to play the current gamemode on the server, as majority of our bhop playerbase is there for bhop.

Id be down to try out a server like this, however we would need great community backing upon the first few months of the release until we build a regular playerbase for the server

• Like 5

• Content Count:  1987

Is it possible to merge this with bhop? I think making a separate kz server is good and all but I believe it might die out within a month with only 5 active players.

No.

• Like 11

• Content Count:  2251

Personally i think this would hurt the bhop server more than help. Its been discussed in the past adding similar gamemode servers together, however it was concluded that people would end up leaving if they didnt want to play the current gamemode on the server, as majority of our bhop playerbase is there for bhop.

Id be down to try out a server like this, however we would need great community backing upon the first few months of the release until we build a regular playerbase for the server

We actually did merge Bhop with MG before Bhop became a server by itself (again), it's a ridiculous level of effort to do something like this imo and like others have said split the playerbase based off what an individual would like to play. I didn't add on that there were a decent amount of bad results that occurred cause of this as well, I'm voting yes to having KZ as it's own server but not in the form of a server merge like we did with MG/Bhop early 2018, no idea how that'd end up for this but the thought of it is scaring me.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1952

KZ and Bunnyhop are separate, you can't toss them together and expect something good to come out of it.

Bhop is usually more fast paced - KZ is usually more precise and requires more timing

Bhop is usually more vanilla-friendly - KZ is usually more variety of skills-orientated and tends to have players use custom cfgs

Bhop and KZ have so many different plugins/CFG's it'd be cancer to manage

Although both requiring you to jump, they both use a different thinking processes, bhop = snap thinking - KZ = timing, sync, and precision

As stated before, they're separate communities under a similar roof but you just can't jumble them.

My opinion: Yes make it a server on its own but DO NOT MERGE

• Like 1
Edited by Noxstar

• Content Count:  6759

is there any update to this? it has been sitting here for a while now @Dominic @Black Rain

We've discussed it at an AT-level for a bit but never really pushed forward because I think we're currently maxed out on server IPs and would need to order some more for when we're ready to expand into other gamemodes. There is interest within the AT team to run one but for now we'll continue to keep this under review.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  174

We've discussed it at an AT-level for a bit but never really pushed forward because I think we're currently maxed out on server IPs and would need to order some more for when we're ready to expand into other gamemodes. There is interest within the AT team to run one but for now we'll continue to keep this under review.

thank you :bigwow:

• Like 2

Reply to Thread