? servers

? players online

Gang feature

• Content Count:  820

just change your steam group name to it and set it in-game. Or just create a new steam group with that name. Although I'm not opposed to this idea, there are simple workarounds.

I agree with Noxstar, it would be weird if you could have two clan tags at the same time and there’s already a feature built into the base game for this. I also think that this could lead to harm, for example people using these tags to poke fun at other players, or even make their tag ‘[sG]’ or something along the lines of it.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  764

I agree with Noxstar, it would be weird if you could have two clan tags at the same time and there’s already a feature built into the base game for this. I also think that this could lead to harm, for example people using these tags to poke fun at other players, or even make their tag ‘[sG]’ or something along the lines of it.

yea but you shouldn't be able to make a gang name [sG] I think that instead of wasting time making a steam group it would put on the tag for you,

• Content Count:  820

yea but you shouldn't be able to make a gang name [sG] I think that instead of wasting time making a steam group it would put on the tag for you,

The admin tag thing is not the only issue I have with this, you can also have 2 clan tags if you do this (or like 3 if you had sub/VIP) and would just be obnoxious.

• Content Count:  958

If it were to be implemented it would probably be similar to the CT rank tag with how it replaces whatever clantag you had. Server rules would most likely be updated to include gang names meaning no racist gang names or impersonating admins etc. and admins would enforce it the same as if it was a racist or [sG] username.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  764

The admin tag thing is not the only issue I have with this, you can also have 2 clan tags if you do this (or like 3 if you had sub/VIP) and would just be obnoxious.

What I mean is you wouldn't be able to wear your own tag cause that one would cover it,

• Like 1

• Content Count:  958

Stinky idea only for the sheer factor that you can just make a group and wear the groups tag/name or you could do sm_settag{purple}Over{darkred}kill if you are a sub or vip. You shouldn’t override tags because you only need to do one of the fixes...

most people dont have sub/vip and some people dont want to change their group ie. people who have the SG Mem/SG Reg group tag. the CT rank system already overrides your steam group tags and sm_settag only shows your tag in chat anyways. I dont see a problem in adding Gang tags as it wouldn’t change or affect much and it would be easier than making people create and join steam groups.

• Content Count:  1253

So it’s completely optional right? And I think that it shows when you talk and in chat if I’m not wrong? Correct? I wouldn’t mind changing my clan tag despite being a sub/vip. I think at that point people are being petty and silly just my opinion. I guess it could be cool now that I think about it almost an alternative version of the CT ranks. Like the gang your in and the placement Versus other people in different gangs with different placements. Mixed feelings tbh.

Edited by The Don

Reply to Thread