Map Suggestion

Full map name

jb_downtown

Type of map

Jailbreak

Link to map download

Additional Information

Jailbreak Downtown!

My port is finally complete. I remade ba_jail_assasinator from scratch, since the old map wasn't on the grid and didn't use CSGO models.

The map itself takes place in a now rather sunny downtown area. The area just recently transformed into a jail, which means the surrounding amenities previously was reserved for residents only.

I did restructure certain areas, to make the layout more smooth and allow for more options for guards. All different minigames are closer to one another. But I kept the original map design in mind and utilized the best of its features to keep the original feel to it.

Features:

Soccer Field

Pool

Restaurant

Climb

Disco

Medic

Basketball Field

Breakfloor Minigame

Crazy Taxi Minigame

Plenty of secrets

Video of secrets:

Screenies and look of the map:

SywebDB.jpg

vrZPjhY.jpg

6pXfS3m.jpg

ursd6eq.jpg

us0bYm9.jpg

mLMYN7e.jpg

74K474U.jpg

JEDsicY.jpg

Oq3SR2D.jpg

54WX6pg.jpg

HQZ8JN2.jpg

VGh3LKX.jpg

uND2o7a.jpg

Download link:

Screenshots attached

Yes

• Like 15
Edited by Damon

• Content Count:  526

Updated the map to b1!

The map now has three new minigames added to it. Wipeout, Spleef and Deadly Water (Obstacle course).

Should make the map feel a bit more rounded.

Also added additional optimization measures to keep fps high.

Scrennies of new minigames:

DHpaerv.jpg

5kkmfAm.jpg

dtIyQl7.jpg

• Like 8

• Content Count:  1009

Tested the map and everything looks great! I ended up running into some issues though.

1: You can't get inside the teleporters cause the doors do not open.[ATTACH=CONFIG]20956[/ATTACH]

2: You can get inside the water tower:

[video=youtube_share;gy4AYJXN5JY]

Nonetheless great map!

• Like 3

Ah thanks for pointing that out!

@Poke

About the doors. They are opened by a button only to ensure CT's can control to open teleports for Terrorists or not. The button is located on the wall to the right while facing the doors.

• Like 1
Edited by Damon

• Content Count:  1009

About the doors, do you mean the ones by the climb area, opposite side of Disco? Because they are opened by a button only to ensure CT's can control to open teleports for Terrorists or not. The button is located on the wall to the right while facing the doors.

Ah yea now I see it, just blind :p

• Like 1

@TheZZL Yeah I could, but I think I'd have to block it off since you can't be seen while inside. But there is a teleporter just under that.

Thank you @Jmcdon7! Yeah I went for a clean, city kind of aesthetic which I think could be fun for jailbreak.

Edit:

Map has been updated yet again. This is a bit of a hot fix.

Fixed issues that was mentioned above in this thread, but also some other things.

Made big cage more useful, fixed spleef having issues with guns not being removed if falling down, and made deadly water have corrected cubemaps.

Also fixed some broken details and decals.

• Like 2
Edited by Damon

• Content Count:  1253

We finally got away from the modern and old themes for example razor go and electric vip. Summer jail hdr and spy vs spy maps. I really like what you found and I hope we can find more vibrant maps that would be cool since all the maps we have are plain. Nothing about some of them sticks out.

• Like 1
Edited by The Don