? servers

? players online

sgsl draft

• Content Count:  87

instead of forming teams, there will be selected captains (depends on how much people signed up for sgsl) each captain will get to choose players in order. deciding who gets first to last pick is by randomizing it on a website. the captains can choose up to 8 players or less depending how much captains there are and how much players. there can also be a trade system where u can trade players if u want a different player but only the captain can decide who gets traded. this can prevent stacked teams owning every other team and it will also be entertaining watching the captains pick.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1920

I actually quite like this idea, and it's something I was considering doing in the summer to spice things up and add more competition. I'm just worried it would lead to a lot of petty issues over not wanting to play with each other for x and y reasons. The strongest argument against doing this style of play would be that some people only want to play with their buddies for fun since it's not like an ESEA level tournament for a serious prize pool. This isn't super-duper serious but something like a draft would certainly be an interesting twist to it. I just feel allowing people to form their own teams allows for a cool chemistry aspect and prevents as many issues as possible when it comes to scheduling and potential behavior issues. Another reason why people may team with who they team with is that their schedules work in accordance with each other.

Alternatively, maybe we could get the best of both worlds and allow people to form teams but before the championship match, we could attempt an All-Stars match where two of the commentators/BDs/ATs whatever draft those who shone the most during the tournament. The Summer League is months away, but this is something I'll keep in mind. Maybe I'll put it to a public vote when the time comes. Thanks for the suggestion.

Note: These are my thoughts if I go through and everyone is fine with me running the Summer Scrim League, if someone else ends up running it, it's obviously up to their own discretion.

• Like 1

i have had experiences with this before and the only issue there is, is the captains time, it is supposed to be streamed and all the captains are supposed to be there to do their pickings. they can still play with their buddies because there is a trade system, u can trade your whole roster if u want to

• Content Count:  539

I think this would be a cool addition to how the current system works. From what I remember, there were a lot of free agents that never got put on a team for the Mini-SGSL signups. I'm not sure if this is something that happens often but it would be cool if these free agents could opt-in to potentially be picked as a captain. A number of captains would be picked based on the number of free agents remaining that could form teams. A draft like above would then occur giving those free agents a chance to get in on the tournament.

yes many people have the chance play, the captains have to pick until their roster is full. And if a team loses the team is out of the tourney which makes everyone on the team available to other teams, the captains can choose to drop a player to pick up a new one. U can only drop a maximum of 2 players though.

• Content Count:  1987

My main worry with trying to run the event like this is the lack of dedication from those in playing the match or even showing up when they are not on a team with their friends. I know you suggested that if a team gets knocked out their players are open to be “traded” but would this not cause for some people to throw their matches?

What you (@Inveal) and @Phoenix_ brought up do seem interesting. So before the next SGSL I’ll throw up an interest thread to gauge more thoughts from the community on which idea they would prefer to participate in and actually compete.

Edited by Trazz

Reply to Thread