? servers

? players online

Allow !fo Special Orders

• Content Count:  452

I'll make a quick case for allowing !fo special orders. CTs from my era of regs, often used special orders in the beginning of rounds to punish or have fun with players. For example say @Abomination rebelled the previous round and took out all, most, or a few CTs. Next round I want to make sure it doesn't happen or at the very least delay it from happening. That way my CT buddies have the time to get control of the inmates and eliminate whoever is rebelling. I don't recall playing at a time where special orders were abused an unreasonable amount. Most regs and players in general understood when to give it a break otherwise an admin would step in.

Let me know what y'all think!

• Like 4

• Content Count:  532

FO is meant to be able to give a CT time to give a clear order without any chance of someone talking over them. I truly like this feature because trying to give orders out of FO is like trying to talk in a 4th grade lunch room. There are too many young people and people who just don't really care that you are trying to give orders.They really cant just wait a few seconds until I'm done speaking. That being said I can think of countless times I wanted to send someone to iso or something along those lines while in FO. I personally think we should leave FO the way it is. JB gets so hectic and FO is the only way to have a bit of calmness. Maybe 10 seconds after FO we could allow special orders that target specific people. I like FO how it is now and don't think allowing special orders in it would bring much benefit.

• Content Count:  361

Personally, I don't really see the need for this. Sure it'd be a nice feature, but typically the guy who gave First Order will control the round for the next 20-30 seconds. If they feel the desire to give special orders they usually do at least until the Ts unmute. It would be nice to be able to give special orders that pop up in an info message on the Ts screen, but I see it as more of a quality of life thing rather than a necessity.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1952

I don't recall playing at a time where special orders were abused an unreasonable amount. Most regs and players in general understood when to give it a break otherwise an admin would step in.

because you were banned before it started and got really bad.

I was the person who suggested we restricted special orders since a ton of people had a trend of sending each other to iso multiple times. yeah an admin can step in but it just got so bad that happened almost 24/7. I get your argument of punishing and having fun with players, but doing something to somebody because of projection is kind of weak. I just don't see more good than bad of bringing it back if it's only for fun.

It was also a bit weird with freeday since special orders and freedays could only be revoked over mic, but only freedays were restricted from fo at the time.

• Like 1
Edited by Noxstar

• Content Count:  958

The reason special orders and freedays are not allowed in fo anymore is because the other CTs are muted and cant revoke anything. As Noxstar mentioned people would send their friends to iso every round and it got out of hand. There's really no need to allow this again as it would just add to the confusion that already occurs.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3294

The problem with this is that (maybe you weren’t here idk) people abused it. They would take !fo and just say “free day” and no other CTs can revoke it until !fo was over.

Well that can still happen, but @Gumline is talking about special orders during first order; "Iddypo go to soccer" "Error go to iso". Not allowing freedays in first order has been in place for a while, but removing the ability for special orders was somewhat recently added.

• Content Count:  1103

Well that can still happen, but @Gumline is talking about special orders during first order; "Iddypo go to soccer" "Error go to iso". Not allowing freedays in first order has been in place for a while, but removing the ability for special orders was somewhat recently added.

there has also been cases where players send the same person over and over again to iso

• Content Count:  1920

Unfortunately, this is one of the things where the few bad people ruined it for everyone. I personally don't see too much of a problem of having special orders in !fo, but since there are people who intentionally would abuse this and target certain people, it's not a good idea to include them in !fo. It's best to keep this as it is so there is no opening for abuse since special orders can be revoked by anyone, anytime the way they are now.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  3294

Unfortunately, this is one of the things where the few bad people ruined it for everyone. I personally don't see too much of a problem of having special orders in !fo, but since there are people who intentionally would abuse this and target certain people, it's not a good idea to include them in !fo. It's best to keep this as it is so there is no opening for abuse since special orders can be revoked by anyone, anytime the way they are now.

there has also been cases where players send the same person over and over again to iso

While I agree with you these situations are bad, in order to keep the discussion alive, there are still ways to combat them. If a CT is constantly giving a T an iso order or "constantly jump in big cage" order the T can fight back; A. He can tell the CT that he's breaking a rule by constantly giving him the same order, B. Another CT can revoke the special order, C. If he's getting the "constantly jump while turning 360 degrees and look up and down" that order can be considered an unreasonable order. An admin can also step in, to a reasonable extent, if a player is getting targetted by a specific CT. All the above options are things that work, have worked, and have been done before to combat those types of situations

However, with how much louder JB gets by day if we revert this change it would cause a lot more confusion and chaos to the CT's. More freeshots, more yelling, more confusion, you get the point.

Reply to Thread