? servers

? players online

Allow !fo Special Orders

• Content Count:  1103

While I agree with you these situations are bad, in order to keep the discussion alive, there are still ways to combat them. If a CT is constantly giving a T an iso order or "constantly jump in big cage" order the T can fight back; A. He can tell the CT that he's breaking a rule by constantly giving him the same order, B. Another CT can revoke the special order, C. If he's getting the "constantly jump while turning 360 degrees and look up and down" that order can be considered an unreasonable order. An admin can also step in, to a reasonable extent, if a player is getting targetted by a specific CT. All the above options are things that work, have worked, and have been done before to combat those types of situations

However, with how much louder JB gets by day if we revert this change it would cause a lot more confusion and chaos to the CT's. More freeshots, more yelling, more confusion, you get the point.

This seems way too confusing, just keep the order how it is. There’s a reason why we don’t have it, because of people abusing it. I can’t speak for the higher ups but I don’t think it’ll be a good idea to add it back at this time

• Content Count:  958

While I agree with you these situations are bad, in order to keep the discussion alive, there are still ways to combat them. If a CT is constantly giving a T an iso order or "constantly jump in big cage" order the T can fight back; A. He can tell the CT that he's breaking a rule by constantly giving him the same order, B. Another CT can revoke the special order, C. If he's getting the "constantly jump while turning 360 degrees and look up and down" that order can be considered an unreasonable order. An admin can also step in, to a reasonable extent, if a player is getting targetted by a specific CT. All the above options are things that work, have worked, and have been done before to combat those types of situations

However, with how much louder JB gets by day if we revert this change it would cause a lot more confusion and chaos to the CT's. More freeshots, more yelling, more confusion, you get the point.

to quote you from a previous post.

"Take a step out face south and freeze"

"Hey man, those types of orders aren't allowed on our servers"

"Kill yourself" *Followed by ape noises and screams*

most of the time the CT probably wont give a shit what the T is saying unless they’re friends or respected regs of the server. since i have started playing jb again everyone thinks they know the rules better than everyone else and wont stop arguing about shit unless an admin intervenes and clarifies whatever rule they are arguing about.

I still dont see a need to allow special orders in fo, if you really wanna make your friend jump in iso for the whole round just wait the 30sec.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  272

most of the time the CT probably wont give a shit what the T is saying unless they’re friends or respected regs of the server.

Those nerds on JB always flex about knowing the rules better than everyone else it's kind of embarassing.

I don't think special orders specifically are that big of an issue in FO, but I can see why freedays are not allowed in FO. Giving 1 T a special order is not gonna complete change the pace of the round and cause the CTs to lose, so I don't think it's that big of a deal to allow special orders in FO.

• Content Count:  452

FO is meant to be able to give a CT time to give a clear order without any chance of someone talking over them. I truly like this feature because trying to give orders out of FO is like trying to talk in a 4th grade lunch room. There are too many young people and people who just don't really care that you are trying to give orders.They really cant just wait a few seconds until I'm done speaking. That being said I can think of countless times I wanted to send someone to iso or something along those lines while in FO. I personally think we should leave FO the way it is. JB gets so hectic and FO is the only way to have a bit of calmness. Maybe 10 seconds after FO we could allow special orders that target specific people. I like FO how it is now and don't think allowing special orders in it would bring much benefit.

If I have !fo why should I not be able to send a T somewhere different from the rest or have them do something else? Waiting 10 seconds after taking !fo is pointless, and BTW I was here when !fo was added.

Personally, I don't really see the need for this. Sure it'd be a nice feature, but typically the guy who gave First Order will control the round for the next 20-30 seconds. If they feel the desire to give special orders they usually do at least until the Ts unmute. It would be nice to be able to give special orders that pop up in an info message on the Ts screen, but I see it as more of a quality of life thing rather than a necessity.

Special orders are currently banned under !fo, so CTs are unable to give them till !fo expires. An info message isn't needed, Ts are responsible for hearing orders as given. Quality of life statement makes no sense, it's a rp server not real life and special orders were allowed for years.

because you were banned before it started and got really bad.

I was the person who suggested we restricted special orders since a ton of people had a trend of sending each other to iso multiple times. yeah an admin can step in but it just got so bad that happened almost 24/7. I get your argument of punishing and having fun with players, but doing something to somebody because of projection is kind of weak. I just don't see more good than bad of bringing it back if it's only for fun.

It was also a bit weird with freeday since special orders and freedays could only be revoked over mic, but only freedays were restricted from fo at the time.

Congratulations, you were instrumental in removing a tool CTs used to win. No wonder why CTs struggle more now than ever before. I was a regular player for 2 years in which special orders were used with little to no issue. If it got to the point where a T or group was targeted over and over it was addressed by admins or via a player complaint. It's not coming back only for fun, it needs to come back to give CTs the option to single those out that need the attention to get the upper hand when needed.

The reason special orders and freedays are not allowed in fo anymore is because the other CTs are muted and cant revoke anything. As Noxstar mentioned people would send their friends to iso every round and it got out of hand. There's really no need to allow this again as it would just add to the confusion that already occurs.

!fo was added so orders aren't conflicted in the beginning of the round, the whole point of !fo is so an order can't be revoked till !fo expires. If CTs sent the same person to iso every round an admin would've addressed it in game or it could've been dealt with via player complaint. There absolutely is a need to allow this again and I've explained it above and in the OP. How would me telling @Abomination to go to iso in the beginning of the round add to the confusion? Everyone is muted and I control !fo, I'm the only one speaking and giving orders till it expires with the exception of admins.

The problem with this is that (maybe you weren’t here idk) people abused it. They would take !fo and just say “free day” and no other CTs can revoke it until !fo was over.

If people are abusing it, they'd be warned, switched to T, or CT banned/server banned by an admin, or resolved through a player complaint. Contrary to popular belief once upon a time you were able to give freedays at round start and IMO you should still be able to, but that's for a future rule discussion.

Well that can still happen, but @Gumline is talking about special orders during first order; "Iddypo go to soccer" "Error go to iso". Not allowing freedays in first order has been in place for a while, but removing the ability for special orders was somewhat recently added.

You're 100% correct ZZL, what is your opinion on allowing special orders in !fo?

there has also been cases where players send the same person over and over again to iso

Again, all the servers have admins for a reason and if none are available player complaints are a thing.

Unfortunately, this is one of the things where the few bad people ruined it for everyone. I personally don't see too much of a problem of having special orders in !fo, but since there are people who intentionally would abuse this and target certain people, it's not a good idea to include them in !fo. It's best to keep this as it is so there is no opening for abuse since special orders can be revoked by anyone, anytime the way they are now.

Why weren't the ones who abused it punished? Or if they were why restrict it in the first place? There were already rules on the books in regard to repetitive orders and unreasonable orders. If certain people are targeted over and over again it's addressed by admins at the time or via a player complaint! If I can give special orders after !fo your logic makes zero sense, because guess what I or any CT can target them after !fo!

I feel like out of everyone who has commented on this post ZZL understands the most. However, in regard to JB getting louder, how is me giving a special order with !fo while everyone but admins are muted going to make the server any louder?

This seems way too confusing, just keep the order how it is. There’s a reason why we don’t have it, because of people abusing it. I can’t speak for the higher ups but I don’t think it’ll be a good idea to add it back at this time

How does a CT giving a special order while all Ts are muted confuse you? I played JB for days before !fo was ever a thing and special orders were allowed and it was rarely ever an issue.

to quote you from a previous post.

most of the time the CT probably wont give a shit what the T is saying unless they’re friends or respected regs of the server. since i have started playing jb again everyone thinks they know the rules better than everyone else and wont stop arguing about shit unless an admin intervenes and clarifies whatever rule they are arguing about.

I still dont see a need to allow special orders in fo, if you really wanna make your friend jump in iso for the whole round just wait the 30sec.

You're missing the point, if CTs can give special orders outside of !fo why shouldn't they be able to give them when they have !fo and their CT buddies and all Ts are muted?

Those nerds on JB always flex about knowing the rules better than everyone else it's kind of embarassing.

I don't think special orders specifically are that big of an issue in FO, but I can see why freedays are not allowed in FO. Giving 1 T a special order is not gonna complete change the pace of the round and cause the CTs to lose, so I don't think it's that big of a deal to allow special orders in FO.

As a player with 20+ days on CT in my opinion having the option available to change the pace of the round with a !fo special order is a big deal.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3294

I feel like out of everyone who has commented on this post ZZL understands the most. However, in regard to JB getting louder, how is me giving a special order with !fo while everyone but admins are muted going to make the server any louder?

I do agree with you and think we should stop babying the players with excessive amounts of rules and restrictions, but with the number of retards we have screaming on our servers I don't know if reverting this change would be any good. It is under !fo so everyone should be able to listen, so I actually don't think this would be an issue to bring back. However, I don't think the managers are taking the server in that direction or want to bring this back.

• Content Count:  1952

Congratulations, you were instrumental in removing a tool CTs used to win. No wonder why CTs struggle more now than ever before.

lol, whether it made a difference or not, more than half the time it was meant to troll friends. You can blame me for CT's struggling but there is an option to just get better at the game as stupid as it sounds.

I was a regular player for 2 years in which special orders were used with little to no issue. If it got to the point where a T or group was targeted over and over it was addressed by admins or via a player complaint.

wrong. It's another one of those situations where it just got so out of hand, admins just couldn't fix it. More or less, players wouldn't get punished because it was really pushing what the normal "so and so go to ___" limit was.

It's not coming back only for fun, it needs to come back to give CTs the option to single those out that need the attention to get the upper hand when needed.

You see I would agree with you here but as Phoenix_ said before, it's just the select "few" (not really) who ruined it for the others. I honestly wouldn't mind bringing it back with a bit of heavier weight.

As a player with 20+ days on CT in my opinion having the option available to change the pace of the round with a !fo special order is a big deal.

Eh 30 seconds to try to set the pace of the rest of the round is pretty big yeah, but if it's really that important over one player, then step your Goddamn game up. If you CAN, say something before fo starts.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  452

I do agree with you and think we should stop babying the players with excessive amounts of rules and restrictions, but with the number of retards we have screaming on our servers I don't know if reverting this change would be any good. It is under !fo so everyone should be able to listen, so I actually don't think this would be an issue to bring back. However, I don't think the managers are taking the server in that direction or want to bring this back.

@Military_king, @idealist, and @fantastic what do y'all think?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1920

Why weren't the ones who abused it punished? Or if they were why restrict it in the first place? There were already rules on the books in regard to repetitive orders and unreasonable orders. If certain people are targeted over and over again it's addressed by admins at the time or via a player complaint! If I can give special orders after !fo your logic makes zero sense, because guess what I or any CT can target them after !fo!

The people who did abuse it was punished I would assume. If something is getting abused and needs to be stopped, wouldn't it make sense to restrict it? By restricting this, it both makes less stuff for our admins to deal with and allows for less hassle for players who just want to play the game. My logic was that if it's abused in !fo, there's nothing anyone can do for 30 seconds to 'free' that player so-to-say and that once all the CTs can speak, it's kind of a 'protection' to the Ts from being targetted and abused by special orders. If a CT still targets someone after the special order is revoked, it will be conflicting orders and if they kill that person for "disobeying", then it will also be freekilling and be dealt with accordingly. I see the restriction special orders in !fo as more of a safety blanket than anything. No offense intended towards anyone, but I feel if people can't wait 30-40 seconds to give a special order I feel like that's more of a personal problem compared to a rules problem.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  927

Why fix something that isn't broken? The system right now is currently fine and there shouldn't be any intentions of allowing this again. I would lose brain cells 2x the speed if this were to be introduced... and that's just on the admin side of it.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread