? servers

? players online

Floor is Lava

• Content Count:  3294

Today on Texture city @Xp started giving the order "Floor is Lava". I thought it was a cool order, so I started giving it too. A few rounds later, @Dom said that that order can only be used in a voluntary deathgame. I asked him why, and he didn't respond. I found myself enjoying the order, and so did a lot of the T's.

I don't find this order unreasonable, as if they have an order to be in pool and they run out of pool to complete the "floor is lava" order they're not following their previous order and can be considered blatant for leaving pool.

Since this thread is hard to understand, here's it simplified:

Am I allowed to order the T's, "Floor is Lava, 5.. 4... 3... 2... 1..." and then warning shot any T's still on the floor after I finish counting down?

[video=youtube_share;DrSCI0Imtvg]https://youtu.be/DrSCI0Imtvg?t=13

Skip to 0:13

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  236

I didn't say "Floor is lava" I said "freeday no floor" its not unreasonable. I'd just say get off the floor by 4:30. Why would this be unreasonable at all? If we give them no time I understand by I gave them a good 30 seconds. You just saying "Floor is lava" Is unreasonable because they have no time and the cts will warning shot all of them. How is leaving pool to complete the order blatant?

• Content Count:  2342

they run out of pool to complete the "floor is lava" order

How does running out of pool mean they are completing the "floor is lava" order? I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

Giving the order "floor is lava", to me, is a reasonable order provided you explain what it means to those who aren't familiar with the concept. This does not mean you can automatically kill someone who is on the floor, as KOS orders are not allowed. Warning shots must still be given. If someone is launched out of the pool onto the ground beside pool I wouldn't consider it blatant.

• Blatantly Disobeying - when prisoners act in a way that would make you lose track of them, and overall makes your job as a CT harder because you have to shift your focus from the main group, to the disobeying prisoner.

Just my 2c, not an official answer.

• Like 1

This does not mean you can automatically kill someone who is on the floor, as KOS orders are not allowed. Warning shots must still be given.

I understand this, nor did I say they could be killed instantly

Giving the order "floor is lava", to me, is a reasonable order provided you explain what it means to those who aren't familiar with the concept.

Understandable, however, the expression is quite self-explanatory

If someone is launched out of the pool onto the ground beside pool I wouldn't consider it blatant.

By pool I meant the room, not the water.

How does running out of pool mean they are completing the "floor is lava" order? I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

if they have an order to be in pool and they run out of pool to complete the "floor is lava" order they're not following their previous order and can be considered blatant for leaving pool.

I didn't say "Floor is lava" I said "freeday no floor" its not unreasonable. I'd just say get off the floor by 4:30. Why would this be unreasonable at all? If we give them no time I understand by I gave them a good 30 seconds.

I never said anything you did was wrong, that's the reaosn why I was giving the order and agreeing with you. The whole point of this thread is @Dom told us to stop giving this order, and I wanted to know why.

• Content Count:  958

So originally the order started off as "Freeday no floor" which later evolved into "Floor is lava at 2:30" orders. People were being sprayed down for it so I asked in the discord for clarification on the order and @Trazz responded saying its not allowed unless its a custom deathgame.

Looking back, I don't have a problem with this type of order if a) the proper warning shots are given and people are not killed instantly or b) its a voluntary deathgame.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  594

The reason why Dom said that it wasn't allowed is because of the fact that he saw people getting sprayed down for it, it is reasonable if they are giving warning shots. If you are going to say Floor is Lava keep it pertained to an area, since you didn't say an area even if the previous order was be in pool, people will try to be smart-asses and go to a different area.

Basically Dom said to stop because people were getting sprayed down w/o warning shots and he assumed it was a death game and told you guys to stop.

** Just saying he asked the discord and we were also under the impression it was a death game. Thats why he gave you this reasoning (Im Assuming)

• Like 1
Edited by Mikey.

• Content Count:  539

Today on Texture city @Xp started giving the order "Floor is Lava". I thought it was a cool order, so I started giving it too. A few rounds later, @Dom said that that order can only be used in a voluntary deathgame. I asked him why, and he didn't respond. I found myself enjoying the order, and so did a lot of the T's.

I don't find this order unreasonable, as if they have an order to be in pool and they run out of pool to complete the "floor is lava" order they're not following their previous order and can be considered blatant for leaving pool.

Since this thread is hard to understand, here's it simplified:

Am I allowed to order the T's, "Floor is Lava, 5.. 4... 3... 2... 1..." and then warning shot any T's still on the floor after I finish counting down?

After reading the edit for clarification and talking with some people about it, I don't think this should be considered a reasonable order.

• Reasonable Orders - an order that is straightforward, clear, to the point, easy to understand, not meant to confuse or trick, and gives the prisoners enough time to follow.

I think this order is not straightforward and I do think it's mean to confuse. Saying floor is lava is vague and doesn't give a clear direction to the T for what they need to be doing.

Giving this order will cause the Ts to scatter in any and every direction, quickly causing chaos that's hard to keep track of. I also doubt a CT will be able to determine a reasonable number to count down from that will allow all Ts a reasonable amount of time to get off the floor.

I also see no use in it being used in conjunction with other orders. An example being "Go to big cage, no floor". While to some this might mean "go to the big cage and get off the floor" to others it might mean "get to big cage without using the floor" which in most cases, isn't possible.

That being said, I do think it is a cool and unique modifier to a free day and I think this is the only valid use of "Floor is Lava". Example: "free day, be off the floor by 4:30"

• Like 1

• Content Count:  927

So originally the order started off as "Freeday no floor" which later evolved into "Floor is lava at 2:30" orders. People were being sprayed down for it so I asked in the discord for clarification on the order and @Trazz responded saying its not allowed unless its a custom deathgame.

Looking back, I don't have a problem with this type of order if a) the proper warning shots are given and people are not killed instantly or b) its a voluntary deathgame.

Exactly what his last sentence says. Warning shots MUST be given and you still need to wait 3 seconds if you wish to kill them after. If it's a voluntary deathgame, obviously it must be 45 seconds. If you were to do it as a deathgame, is it just going to be in a certain area? Seems pretty easy to just sit on a stair or in water for 45 seconds... seems pretty boring to me imo.

Giving this order will cause the Ts to scatter in any and every direction, quickly causing chaos that's hard to keep track of. I also doubt a CT will be able to determine a reasonable number to count down from that will allow all Ts a reasonable amount of time to get off the floor.

Unless it's like 10+ seconds, it should just be after a time.

I also see no use in it being used in conjunction with other orders. An example being "Go to big cage, no floor". While to some this might mean "go to the big cage and get off the floor" to others it might mean "get to big cage without using the floor" which in most cases, isn't possible.

That being said, I do think it is a cool and unique modifier to a free day and I think this is the only valid use of "Floor is Lava". Example: "free day, be off the floor by 4:30"

Exactly. It shouldn't be used with most orders. In your big cage example, you'd just say "Go to big cage, be on boxes". It literally implies the whole "floor is lava" type of order with just better wording. I'd be down with it just be in conjunction with a free day as well.

Why can't we just say "be off the floors"? I never got why we are coming up with phrases in the first place. People may not understand what it means or just troll on purpose because it's not a normal order or one with a clear end-goal stated. Here's another example of CT's saying orders trying to give wordy orders when it's not needed. I'm not sure what T finds not being able to move from place to place because of this order.

• Like 1

Exactly what his last sentence says. Warning shots MUST be given and you still need to wait 3 seconds if you wish to kill them after. If it's a voluntary deathgame, obviously it must be 45 seconds. If you were to do it as a deathgame, is it just going to be in a certain area? Seems pretty easy to just sit on a stair or in water for 45 seconds... seems pretty boring to me imo.

We understand we have to give warning shots, and it was never intended for this to be a deathgame. This was a regular order given, the only issue was in-experienced CT's killing and not giving warning shots.

Unless it's like 10+ seconds, it should just be after a time.

"Floor is Lava, 5.. 4... 3... 2... 1..."

Exactly. It shouldn't be used with most orders. In your big cage example, you'd just say "Go to big cage, be on boxes". It literally implies the whole "floor is lava" type of order with just better wording. I'd be down with it just be in conjunction with a free day as well.

The whole point of this order is to cause a little chaos, and be a little fun. If someone gives that order inside of big cage, they didn't think it through. For example, if all the T's are in soccer pitch and you say floor is lava they might have to run out of the pitch and get on a ladder or catwalk.

Why can't we just say "be off the floors"? I never got why we are coming up with phrases in the first place. People may not understand what it means or just troll on purpose because it's not a normal order or one with a clear end-goal stated. Here's another example of CT's saying orders trying to give wordy orders when it's not needed. I'm not sure what T finds not being able to move from place to place because of this order.

Because it's fun.

Reply to Thread