? servers

? players online

Rocket League Tournament

• Content Count:  539

After playing an eventful and exciting match of Rocket League ported to GTA V with some SG members, I got the idea for this event.

Rocket League has a built in tournament mode that would easily facilitate this event. Its talked about Here but I'll elaborate more below.

The tournament could be set up as 1v1s 2v2s 3v3s or 4v4s. There are also options to play the other game modes rocket league has to offer.

My recommendation is a 1v1 or a 2v2 tournament depending on the number of players who state their interest. If we go with the built-in tournament mode, it all plays out at once, meaning, when the first round ends it rolls right into the second round and all first-round matches are played at once. The bracket itself is also made automatically and randomly.

Sign-ups for 2v2 would work similarly to SGSL where you can sign up with a team member or you can put your name down solo and pair up later.

For 1v1 you would simply need to put your name down.

The max number of teams it can sustain is 128.

Tournaments can be scheduled to start at a specific time, up to a week form the creation date, allowing teams time to register themselves in the tournament.

The tournament can also be passworded.

Rocket League also has cross-platform enabled, so if you have rocket league on Xbox but not Steam, you should still be able to participate.

Some further testing would need to be done.

I think this would be a fun way to have some competition outside of CS:GO.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread