? servers

? players online

TTT Voice Stamina

• Content Count:  922

The whole point of having admins is to stop mic spam is it not? You're essentially limiting to how much freedom someone has to be able to speak and the whole point of a community is to be able to have fun. Not to mention, the amount of time and work it would be able to make a plugin like this wouldn't be worth it. Highly doubt that this will be made, but I do see the point that you are coming from.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  539

So this is common on some G-Mod TTT servers.

Basically it works as such:

When you talk a little bar pops up and drains while you have your push to talk button pressed.

If it gets to half and you let go of your PTT button the bar slowly refills.

If you continue to talk and the bar empties you will not be able to talk any more and the bar will start filling back up again.

The amount of time someone can talk before no longer being able to talk would be tweakable.

The rate at which the bar refills would also be tweakable.

There could also be a small buffer at the bottom of the bar where it needs to refill past a certain point before you can talk again.

The argument can be made that this would stop people from being able to call KOSes. The counter to this is that if you're talking enough to where your bar is empty, you were probably talking too much, to begin with. Currently, the amount of useless talking that occurs with 20+ people on already drowns out KOSes, causing people to feel the need to micspam their KOSes, causing more loudness. Or they simply aren't heard at all because they KOS right before they die.

This is an idea I really like for when the server reaches a certain population where mic spam isn't necessarily the issue but rather too many people talking to simply add to the loudness and arent actually having a conversation. This could take effect at around the 15 or 20 player point.

This might be difficult to implement on the technical side of things tho.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  532

I agree with with polarzz on this one. I hate hearing people talk for too long and scream just as anyone but that's what admins are for. I think a plugin like this would cause more harm than any good. Maybe it would be worth implementing when a certain amount of players are on. At the end of the day we play on the servers to have fun so limiting how long someone can talk for just doesn't seem positive in the long run.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  600

If this was added it would change the whole atmosphere of SG ttt when everyone just played to have fun. With a talking bar it would limit how much fun people could have and more then likely with make the server more serious and never role-play or do some of the funny shit that we do all the time. I would truly dislike such a plug-in but I do know there are A lot of people talking at once not necessarily micspam but mostly just talking about random shit.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1633

I already suggested this a while ago and it was shut down. I would link the thread here but I’m on my phone and too lazy to, so I’m sure you could find it under my threads made. Good points were brought up against the idea, which changed my mind. While it could help, it also would do quite a bit of harm and TTT doesn’t necessarily need a plugin like that since we have a lot of admins.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1667

Here is @Kieran thread where he suggested it https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=86527

It really does get bad in ttt for mic spam but there is really no point of adding this, it just will all around affect the game play for everyone. There are always conversations going on during the game but doesn’t affect it whatsoever. There is usually one or two that do mic spam or talk over people but are usually muted or warned. I feel like if this were to be added it should be added to JB just cause Ct are the ones that gives orders while ts mainly just there to follow the directions. It gets really bad when all the ts talk over each other and you can’t hear any of the orders that are given out.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread