? servers

? players online

(JB) Head Guard

• Content Count:  346

I like the idea because it would 100% give JB more stability, but getting the actual role as Head Guard raises some red flags to me. I definitely can see people taking this and abusing it right away. The CT having pretty much full control for half the round is a lot of power.

Personally I like the idea of CT's having access to just an !order command where says the ct's get muted for 5 seconds and the T's for 10 seconds which gives plenty of time to give an actual order and the CT's having a respite from the constant mic spam that ensues on jailbreak. With that command perhaps like a 30-second cooldown. To relate this back to the original idea, perhaps at the beginning of the round the guard that takes !hg would have access to that command so he can give his orders. Even with a headguard system when there are 30+ players on the headguard talking wouldn't be heard with some of the mic spam that happens on JB which is why I suggest the !order for command for him.

My last thought is really farfetched, but I'll say it anyways. Perhaps, someone that wants to be able to use !hg needs to take a rules quiz before they have access. I imagined this by using a menu (similar to the one that appears when voting) that's just some basic rules of being a ct and maybe a couple of questions could be a scenario and you need to select the proper way of handling the situation. If this was implemented in any way I would think just 5-10 questions that could easily be answered in a minute or two.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  236

I agree with Frankie the Head Guard should have a "!o" command and it mutes everyone the t's the guards everyone. So they can give clear orders. This solves a lot of problems and makes a lot of problems because it somewhat takes the "warden" part of jailbreak people hate and love while keeping it new and fresh. Redirecting to the original post I think it should be 2:40 when the cts get to give orders so they can get the t's to the deathgame area quicker so they have more time to lr.

Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3294

I agree with Frankie the Head Guard should have a "!o" command and it mutes everyone the t's the guards everyone. So they can give clear orders. This solves a lot of problems and makes a lot of problems because it somewhat takes the "warden" part of jailbreak people hate and love while keeping it new and fresh. Redirecting to the original post I think it should be 2:40 when the cts get to give orders so they can get the t's to the deathgame area quicker so they have more time to lr.

Personally I like the idea of CT's having access to just an !order command where says the ct's get muted for 5 seconds and the T's for 10 seconds which gives plenty of time to give an actual order and the CT's having a respite from the constant mic spam that ensues on jailbreak. With that command perhaps like a 30-second cooldown. To relate this back to the original idea, perhaps at the beginning of the round the guard that takes !hg would have access to that command so he can give his orders. Even with a headguard system when there are 30+ players on the headguard talking wouldn't be heard with some of the mic spam that happens on JB which is why I suggest the !order for command for him.

My last thought is really farfetched, but I'll say it anyways. Perhaps, someone that wants to be able to use !hg needs to take a rules quiz before they have access. I imagined this by using a menu (similar to the one that appears when voting) that's just some basic rules of being a ct and maybe a couple of questions could be a scenario and you need to select the proper way of handling the situation. If this was implemented in any way I would think just 5-10 questions that could easily be answered in a minute or two.

The "!o" idea has been bounced around many months across different managers, and the general consensus is that it would be abused way too much and that it's not happening. A CT-Quiz is another one of those ideas, something the management (AFAIK) does not want to do. It's too extra and makes CT-side way too serious than it already needs to be (IMO).

Changing the time by 0:40 seconds is completely arbitrary and doesn't help during an early-stage discussion.

I personally agree that we should seek to simplify the rules so that they are easy to follow, but I don't really think this is something trivial. If anything, this system would create less confusion because if two CTs (one being the head guard) give an order, there is no question as to which order to follow. In the current system, if two CTs give an order at pretty much the same time, it creates confusion and people get shot for no reason most of the time because they don't know which to follow, and CTs sometimes don't know which order to enforce. The goal of this would be to provide clarity where the order can't be questioned, and the order can be had in a high pop server. I don't really see how someone could see it as not having fun by having someone who can give definite orders where there are no questions as to what to follow. I can understand a little confusion at first because there would be some nuances with this, but just like everything else that is added, people would get used to it within a week.

Edit: I'm home now. Anyway, I was administrating JB on a Monday night with over 40 people on it... and let me just tell you that even with multiple admins on, JB is too hectic to have all these CT's trying to give orders with over 25 T's talking and other CTs conflicting orders. Having a role such as Head Guard (or whatever you want to name it) should create a flow where they can give THE order and allow the game to be played without giving half of the server a brain aneurysm. Also, I assume with their override it'll mute everyone? If you didn't imply that, then I personally would want it to. This allows all Ts and CTs to hear the order clearly. Either it can be timed (30 seconds?), end at 2:00 and/or whenever they type in the command again. Of course, this is something that people should apply for.

When there's mass confusion like this, one of four things should and do happen; 1. An admin mutes everyone except for one person to give an order, or they give an order themselves, 2. The two ct's conflicting with each other agree on one order, 3. One of the two conflicting CT's steps down and shuts up, 4. Someone screams "SHUT THE FUCK UP" loud enough, and someone is able to give an order. Most CT's understand there's confusion going on and don't warning shot unless the T is blatantly rebelling or attempting to harm. The admin option and screaming option are the most common, but those others still happen.

I'm completely up for a warden type plugin as long as its set at a certain player count, ex 28+. I like JB's current system of all CT's having a say for the most part. Frankly I've been enjoying JB alot more recently than other gamemodes, the current flow of JB is pretty great. But again a warden/head guard plugin for high crowd times is something I wouldn't mind seeing introduced.

This is exactly what management (AFAIK) does not want.

>wrapped up discussion on having a warden

>Suggests warden lite tm

• Content Count:  1920

When there's mass confusion like this, one of four things should and do happen; 1. An admin mutes everyone except for one person to give an order, or they give an order themselves, 2. The two ct's conflicting with each other agree on one order, 3. One of the two conflicting CT's steps down and shuts up, 4. Someone screams "SHUT THE FUCK UP" loud enough, and someone is able to give an order. Most CT's understand there's confusion going on and don't warning shot unless the T is blatantly rebelling or attempting to harm. The admin option and screaming option are the most common, but those others still happen.

Even if these four things do happen, the point of this idea was to try and find a way to avoid these things from having to happen. For someone to be able to give an order on CT, it shouldn't have to come to an admin muting people or someone screaming. I was hoping this suggestion would lead to a way to avoid these situations from happening. There would be a definite answer and no conflicts or questions. There is no arguing who's order is right, there is no argument of whos order to follow.

I don't care too much that the warden discussion is wrapped up. I had an idea that I believe has at least some merit behind it and intended to generate constructive discussion. As I said in the OP, even if this does crash and burn I would like for discussion to occur. My personal mentality is very much even if it backfires on me and I get clowned or whatever, if I can try and get the gears turning in people's heads and try and generate further ideas and discussion that can propel a server or the community forward, I will.

• Content Count:  1030

I know that I already pitched in somewhat to this thread, but I'm going to do it again. I think that if the team here at SG can implement an !order or !o command which limits abusive powers, it would cause A LOT less headaches. However, I do see many instances where this can be abused by CTs. But anything to get away from bickering about "stop conflicting" "stop revoking my order" et al.

One suggestion I have is to definitely have a cool down feature with this. Maybe only let people use it once per round (like fo is limited with a cool down per rounds), or maybe have a cool down between when !o can be used (such as like 30 seconds so Ts can actually execute the order).

• Content Count:  1920

Wanted to update this thread because i was surfing back and realized this thread didn't get many comments.

@Phoenix_ reviving your idea!

I honestly forgot I made this suggestion. With seeing how the implementation of buffed !fo went (which this suggestion is just kind of a wonky buffed !fo), I don't think the bulk of this suggestion would be beneficial to the server anytime soon. The only suggestion from this I could see being an improvement would be having some sort of indicator via skin or like a little icon floating above the player model of the person who has !fo for the duration of !fo.

If the meat of this suggestion were enacted at this point, it would cause nothing but confusion in the server and seems like it would be too much hassle to even attempt at the moment. Now, the server has evolved in ways I couldn't have foreseen (since ya know, hindsight isn't 20/20) since this suggestion was made. The issue at hand when writing this thread has at least been aided by the slightly buffed !fo and the option to vote mute Ts.

There are endless possibilities to circumvent the problems this server brings for its players, but I don't think this suggestion would be of any use anymore. Thanks for trying to stir conversation though.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  927

We just put "No Warden" in our server name. We have no intention of adding a warden or something related to it for now.

Thanks for the suggestion though! 

Reply to Thread