? servers

? players online

Skin Colors (In Relation to LRs)

• Content Count:  1030

I brought this issue up during the community meeting we had recently, and it is a small issue, but this has affected me personally, as well as others I know.

As many people who play Jailbreak know, there is an option to buy skin colors which you can color your model in-game (which I think is a cool idea, and I have purchased my own skin colors). However, my suggestion is to remove the colors red and blue, which are the colors used to display ts that are in LR.

I have purchased the red and blue colors, and I have used them in game before. This means that sometimes there is a T that can mistake me for their LR partner, or even someone else, and shoot me. This would make them cheat LR, and therefore KOS. If we could remove those colors, it would lessen the confusion with that. It can also be taken advantage of because a red-colored T can evade an LR if a CT sees them and thinks that they are in a LR when really they are not.

This is a minor issue, and I'm sure many people don't mind, or it hasn't affected them, but this is just one small thing that I think could improve the playing experience, even if it's just by a little. I know I stated this during the community meeting, but I also wanted to post it here, because if anyone who wasn't in the meeting has any ideas about it, they can feel free to share them.

• Content Count:  1030

Many people who play Jailbreak know that there is an option to buy skin colors which can be displayed on players' models in-game. However, I have seen the issue and people that I know have also experienced this issue: the red and blue T/CT colors in relation to LRs.

When during LRs, the T will turn red, and the CT will turn blue. However, this can become quite confusing when people have already bought the skin colors. This can cause some confusion, as Ts may shoot another CT that has a blue skin but is not their LR partner, causing them to cheat the LR and consequently be immediately KOS. I have experienced this issue, both as a T and a CT.

My suggestion is to just remove the option for one to purchase the red or blue skin from the shop, which would lessen the confusion around this. It won't help that much, which is why I consider it a minor issue, but I do think it would help a little bit, and especially for newer players who are not familiar with the LR system.

One other thing is that this can be abused - Ts with the red color skin may be able to evade LRing because CTs that see them may think that they are already in an LR. I don't really think that it would be too hard to get rid of the option to buy the skin, and maybe refund the credits to people who have already bought the red and blue colored skins.

Once again, this is a minor issue, and I did already state this in the community meeting. However, I wanted to post it on the forum, so that other people could see it and give their opinions on it.

• Content Count:  64

This problem could also be easily solved by having purchasable skin colors that are not red and blue or changing the color of t's and ct's while in lr, vice versa.

• Content Count:  594

The thing is say there are 4 people left all in LRs with 4 different Ts, 4 CTs are blue and 4 Ts are red. This still can cause confusion but yet there is a line suppose to pop up between you and the person you are LRing to either remind you or for you to know. I’ve personally never seen anyone get confused and shoot a different CT or a CT shoot a different T. If it truly does get confusing you can try running around a little bit and waiting for the line that connects you and the person you are LRing with to show up instead of shooting aimlessly. It would be a simple fix just to remove red and blue colors from shop but it wouldn’t stop the “confusion” if multiple CTs and Ts are in the same area LRing.

• Content Count:  5674

We already have the markers in place that line you two up when you're in an LR and we've since added sprites above people's heads when they're in an LR. This should patch the problem entirely without us needing to remove anything from the store.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread