? servers

? players online

scrim ff

• Content Count:  87

There isnt an option to forfeit in scrim. Sometimes teams are very unfair, it isn't fun to play for some people and they have to sit there the whole time for it to end or get a sub. I think it should get added to the scrim server, like a regular ff everyone has to agree (5 votes).

• Content Count:  165

Having the rule that 80% of the game needs to vote yes for the game to be force ended is terrible. If your team is getting smashed and a force end vote is called and they get like 70%, you might as well just throw because the game is not going to be any fun. Forfeiting the game if 4+ members of your team vote for it should really be added.

• Content Count:  532

The problem would be solved if people would stop picking unfair teams. That is the main reason I stopped playing scrim regularly. I get messaged to come just to end up on a team that gets smashed 16-3. People are given captain who don't have a clue who half of the people are on the server. That being said unfair teams are going to happen from time to time so having a surrender option isn't bad.

The current surrender rule is flawed because I wouldn't vote to surrender if my team was slapping around another team. I do think there needs to be some differnt rules to the surrender option though. There are people who think a game is over when its 7-1, so having a team vote to surrender isn't a good idea. I dont think we should encourage quiting early because things arent going great. I do think you should be allowed to have your team vote to surrender if are down to a certain deficit. If at the end of the half its 13-2, I think a team should be allowed to vote to surrender, only needing 5 votes from you and your teammates. But if its 10-5 there is no reason to warrant surrendering.

Basic summary is I think a team surrender vote should be allowed if there is a complete mismatch in score at half; 15-0, 14-1, 13-2, 12-3, 11-4.

Also stop giving captains to people who dont want it or shouldn't be picking.

• Like 2

That is true, however thats only some captains. Lets say there are scrim regs as captains and there is only one global or a really good player and the rest are silvers. The global would shit on the silvers and whoever picks him gets the win. It shouldn't be required the score to be a certain score, you should be able to call the vote anytime. No one would go in the game and ff after they lose a pistol round.

• Content Count:  539

I have noticed recently that more care is being put into picking captains that know all the players present.

I have seen in the past, though, where players themselves will think from the start that the teams unfair because they dont know either their captain or everyone on their team but all their friends on the other team. These players then throw from the very start and ruin the experience for their whole team.

I agree with both of Atrix's statements that more care should go into captains as well as a mismatched score at the half should allow a surrender.

The mismatched score should be occasionally map specific as an 11-4 on some maps could very easily turn into a comeback.

• Like 1
Edited by crazedkangaroo

I have noticed recently that more care is being put into picking captains that know all the players present.

I have seen in the past, though, where players themselves will think from the start that the teams unfair because they dont know either their captain or everyone on their team but all their friends on the other team. These players then throw from the very start and ruin the experience for their whole team.

I agree with both of Atrix's statements that more care should go into captains as well as a mismatched score at the half should allow a surrender.

The mismatched score should be occasionally map specific as an 11-4 on some maps could very easily turn into a comeback.

yeah but what u said still doesnt make sense why there shouldn't be ff. There is more care taken in who is captain and who isn't, but that still doesn't mean teams will be fair 100% of the times. What makes team fair and unfair depends on the players that are readied up and who gets first picked like @HAXOR. He cheats so if u first pick him u win basically

• Like 1

• Content Count:  539

yeah but what u said still doesnt make sense why there shouldn't be ff.

That is because I never said there shouldn't be a ff. I simply think that a ff option shouldnt be available right from the start of the match. I dont see a reason why either team should be able to forfeit in the first 10-15 rounds of a game as tides can easily change.

This isn't MM, this is a passworded scrim server, that is 95% of the time populated by hopping on the servers and finding people to play or reaching out to people youve seen on the server in the past. You are never going to find a set of 10 players that can be evenly split to create fair balancing. Teams are going to pick their friends and teams are going to get stuck with the last guy. You're not meant to get a 15-15 match that goes into OT every time, you're meant to scrimmage, learn from your teammates and your enemies. Pursuing a perfectly balanced scrim game every time is unrealistic and having every match get forfeited at a 5-0 will not be fun for anyone. In these cases, you dont quit, you figure out what your enemy is doing right, work with your team, and adapt.

I support having a forfeit option on the server, but I think it should remain unavailable until it is very clear that one team will not be winning, which I believe is closer to round 12 to 15.

• Like 1

There shouldn't be an option to ff at a specific score difference, faceit does 10 round score difference or when someone abandons the match. It doesn't matter how much rounds the enemy team has. What matters is who is on it and who gets impact frags. If u know ur going to get fucked u might as well ff early so you don't waste your teams time.

• Content Count:  532

If you want to end a match before it even starts because the other team has a player who is really good then you shouldn't play scrim, simple as that. Matches shouldn't be force ending because "oh they got Haxor we lost already". If you ready up to play then you should be playing that match unless something in your life happens were it needs your attention more than the match. Again we should NOT encourage quiting early for no good reason. Play the match and if there is a huge miss match ex 13-2, then the option to force end should be allowed.

It is so frustrating to get into a scrim just to listen to my teammate cry about how the other team is going to stomp us. Then the teammate throws by not calling out and just tries to get the game over with as quickly as possible. When I'm trying to listen to footsteps I have some idiot telling me about is day as if I cared.

For some reason there is a stigma in scrim of people giving up before the match even starts and it doesn't make any sense. If you find yourself wanting to quit in the middle of scrims often(which is alot of regs on here) then just don't play.

Scrims is meant to be a more competitive gamemode to play with friends. You can use it to play with friends or to try different strats to get better at the game. Although having fun is the main reason any of us play video games, Scrims is meant for competitive play. The competitiveness is ruined with people quiting early, throwing etc. If there is a complete mismatch at the half of a scrim then I dont see a problem with having a force end vote for the team losing. If they are getting completely stomped and all 5 dont want to play then fine. But I completely disagree with ever having a option to force end before there is an obvious show of proof of a mismatch Ex 14-1 half score.

competitive scrim ended when jb people joined, besides how are you supposed to know which team the "good player" is gonna be placed on. That one player can carry the whole team. For example the score is 8-1 your team keeps losing site and half of them have given up, they already lost the half, most people in mm or faceit wouldve left already and then they can call a ff. By the time its 14-1 the game is basically done. Whats the point of forfeiting at 14-1 its just 2 more rounds to throw.

Reply to Thread