? servers

? players online

Stop the confusing rules

• Content Count:  1103

Can we just stop with the confusing orders. It’s quiet obvious that people are saying them to make confusion. I haven’t played in months but I know this was a problem then and telling by the JB threads being posted, it’s still a problem. JB used to be easy to play and easy to start playing because people gave reasonable orders, now it seems the opposite. From when I played, new players would join then some would leave after 3 rounds because of the unreasonable orders and just dying because they don’t understand something. I feel like if JB community could just make reasonable orders and orders that people can understand, JB could be fun as hell like it used to for me and other players.

• Like 2

Would you mind making a list of rules you feel are detrimental to the JB experience so we can discuss them? Without it there isn't anything to discuss. This is based off the thread title btw - your post mentions confusing orders but the thread title mentions rules.

I should have meant orders, unreasonable orders like take a step out of your cell face north crouch and freeze and read the communist manifesto. I know no one would say that, but I hope you get what I mean. Orders that are meant to confuse people. In some instances I’d say it’s fine to try and make it confusing like Simon says because the whole point is to confuse people, but at least make it possible and reasonable. There are really no rules I have a problem with, it’s just mainly the orders. At the end of the day you play on the server to have fun, confusing rules aren’t fun. I’m just saying to make orders that people can do, don’t skirt around rules, etc. just play JB like it’s intended instead of making shit confusing so you have have an advantage and find a loop hole in the rules.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3294

I should have meant orders, unreasonable orders like take a step out of your cell face north crouch and freeze and read the communist manifesto. I know no one would say that, but I hope you get what I mean. Orders that are meant to confuse people. In some instances I’d say it’s fine to try and make it confusing like Simon says because the whole point is to confuse people, but at least make it possible and reasonable. There are really no rules I have a problem with, it’s just mainly the orders. At the end of the day you play on the server to have fun, confusing rules aren’t fun. I’m just saying to make orders that people can do, don’t skirt around rules, etc. just play JB like it’s intended instead of making shit confusing so you have have an advantage and find a loop hole in the rules.

I fully agree with you, and the cardinal order example you gave is now not allowed. At this point, we just need admin enforcement in-game.

• Content Count:  927

I fully agree with you, and the cardinal order example you gave is now not allowed. At this point, we just need admin enforcement in-game.

While I do agree with you, we also need the regulars to help enforce as well. Whenever there isn't an admin around, JB needs those who know the rules and are active to tell other people (especially the newer players) what is and isn't allowed. The more information being spread will help tremendously.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3294

While I do agree with you, we also need the regulars to help enforce as well. Whenever there isn't an admin around, JB needs those who know the rules and are active to tell other people (especially the newer players) what is and isn't allowed. The more information being spread will help tremendously.

"Take a step out face south and freeze"

"Hey man, those types of orders aren't allowed on our servers"

"Kill yourself" *Followed by ape noises and screams*

It really comes down to admins imo. Yeah regulars can help, but an admin is the voice of authority, in the sense that their word is final.

• Like 2
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  1469

You’re making this way more complicated than it needs to be. You said it yourself, it’s a confusing order and it’s not straight to the point. Wouldn’t this mean that it’s an unreasonable order, which is against the rules?

You’re making this way more complicated than it needs to be. You said it yourself, it’s a confusing order and it’s not straight to the point. Wouldn’t this mean that it’s an unreasonable order, which is against the rules?

It just seems to be so common that people do it constantly to where everyone gives vague orders and ends up confusing everyone and it’s been so drilled into people’s minds to do this that there’s really no current way to stop it without policing it

• Like 1

Reply to Thread