? servers

? players online

[TTT] Making Kevlar a one time buy.

• Content Count:  539

I want to have the number of times you can buy kevlar be limited to once (like a health shot).

The main reason for this is because I have repeatedly wasted a credit to the muscle memory of buying armor upon hitting my menu bind.

Amount of times I wanted to buy armor a second time to refill = 0

Amount of times I've wasted a credit accidentally buying kevlar = Like 7 to 10

I have also recently heard one person shout in frustration when they bought a second kevlar on accident

Armor is also currently pretty powerful so if someone were to sit on top of a health station and rebuy armor they would be pretty strong.

So, please make it so we can only buy kevlar once. There really isn't a need to buy it more than that.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1952

I think this change would help basically 70%+ of the rounds where they are short rounds. Although I've had a fair share amount of times I needed to refill armor, more often than not, I've also accidentally wasted a credit on refilling 100 armor or something due to muscle memory (Oh well). I agree with everything here other than

Armor is also currently pretty powerful so if someone were to sit on top of a health station and rebuy armor they would be pretty strong.

So, please make it so we can only buy kevlar once. There really isn't a need to buy it more than that.

What if that's what the traitor wants to do with their credits? It's a decision they made and they are using resources around them to get the upperhand. I don't see a problem with this so this where I get cut short of the change.

While it's a common situation where some T's get into like a 1v(1-5) clutch and a bunch of the t's in these situations stack up a ton of credits because of killing like 10-11 innocents, so they refill armor and health shots just to get back into the fight. They got all of it through their hard work, I don't know what else to say other than it gets rid of a pretty big aspect of the "rebuild" part of a strategy a t might have planned.

(Well it's TTT and rounds are still pretty short eitherway and this is saying hypothetically that it's less than 30% of the time)

• Like 2
Edited by Noxstar

• Content Count:  958

while this is incredibly annoying when it does happen, I don't think its too big of an issue where it has to be a one time purchase. I don't think armor is that OP when it comes to refilling it since you rarely need to anyway. If you're at 50 hp and 50 armor I think 9.5/10 people are buying the health shot over the armor. That being said, it's still quite annoying accidentally refilling already max armor so it's more of a "luxury" change than a practical one that will affect the gameplay but I have nothing against it if it happens.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1266

Armor is the biggest edge Ts have on the rest of the server, minus the Detectives; the element of surprise wears off with KOSes and as rounds progress and cliques form. I don't think it should be limited to 1 buy per round just because people fat finger what they're purchasing.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  532

Most good t rounds I can spare an extra credit on armor again anyways. That being said I do refill my armor constantly while playing. If I have low health and low armor and I have already bought a health shot, I'll just refill armor. I don't think a change like this adds any real benefit.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread