? servers

? players online

Terraria

• Content Count:  958

The Terraria portion of the charity stream today had a solid turnout with I think around 10 people (+/- 2) playing during that time. Events are typically 1h as far as I know. I don't think that's enough for a game like this and obviously this wouldn't be big enough to have its own server so I'd suggest weekly Terraria events where anyone can hop on during the designated time slot for that week. I think there would be a solid core group of players seeing as many showed up today and there was a recent Terraria giveaway thanks to Phoenix.

• Content Count:  2579

What would your plan be? Terraria items are character locked, are we making a temps server for an event? Are we hosting a speedrun contest? Are we doing pvp, modded, vanilla, building, etc. I love the game and would love for that to happen, but unless we are specific in what we want, we might just end up with a shitshow, due to how the game works.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  820

I too love the game, but having a server for it just won’t work. The world is very small and if we had like 10-15 people on, not only would people be doing their own thing and not working with the rest, but some one is going to probably bring in OP items or something to mess everything up. Also, resources are very limited and mid game with 10 people is a nightmare. Terraria is a cooperative game if you are playing with friends, so I don’t think that if we have this many people it will have a great turn out. Just gather some people who actually want to play and just play when you want to and add people in as you go along.

• Content Count:  1920

I'm personally not opposed to hosting a long terraria event as long as we have some sort of structure in mind. What we did today was rather disorganized and didn't really have an end goal. If we all go in with an objective and that is the purpose of the event, I think this idea could have some merit.

I don't think a server is really justifiable but I think having a long event over one day (2-3 hour?) would be more of an option.

• Content Count:  1105

Personally I love the game and I support the idea that we need a terraria event I think we could do weekly streams play for a few hours or a really long stream and try to speed run something like that and have a few core players to join in

we should try to beat the game or get a certain achievement and reach that goal but I'd love to see an event around the game

• Content Count:  958

Sorry about the late response, I have a shit memory.

What would your plan be? Terraria items are character locked, are we making a temps server for an event? Are we hosting a speedrun contest? Are we doing pvp, modded, vanilla, building, etc.

I think the format of an event like this is up to what the community wants. I can see either of those suggestions listed becoming a possibility as long as that's what people want to do. All we really need is people to voice their preferences if this event was to happen. If it was to be vanilla, modded or speedrun then I would suggest new characters but for things like pvp and building the experienced players can provide things for the newer guys.

I'd assume quite a few people who would partake in this would be pretty new to the game from the people I've played with over the past few days. If we were to do vanilla (which I would assume will probably be the most wanted option) then I see it as trying to beat the game with a core group of probably 5-6 people with others dropping in here and there for however long this lasts. New characters, new world, no duping (@ThRza) etc. Could even be a half pvp half vanilla event with 2 teams competing to get to a certain boss or goal first.

I don't think a server is really justifiable but I think having a long event over one day (2-3 hour?) would be more of an option.

I agree that this isn't big enough for a server however you'll be lucky to get to hardmode in 2-3 hours with that many players (assuming we do vanilla). For the new people, hardmode is kind of like prestiging where a bunch of new ores and materials are unlocked meaning new weapons, new enemies and new bosses. Its like part 2 with a lot more shit to do post hardmode. However, if it is decided that this would be a pvp or building event then yea a one day couple hour session would work. I don't know if we've had an event for a game that lasted a span of multiple weeks with 1 or 2 designated days per week. I don't know if staff is okay with this type of scheduling. this is what would probably work best for the vanilla/modded option which will prob be the most popular choice.

As @Steven24 suggested, it could even be streamed to use the SG twitch more often.

I haven't messed around with mods yet so if anyone has experience with that feel free to drop suggestions.

In the end, im just throwing this idea out there since the games been popping off at SG and there's potential for events.

Reply to Thread