? servers

? players online

Directional Orders

• Content Count:  200

Recently, @Snootch has been complaining that we are not allowed to give directional orders as a CT on certain maps.

For those of you that don't play on jailbreak, here's an example of a directional order:

"All T's, One step out, face WEST, crouch and freeze."

(Directional order was to face west.)

Outside the minimap (top-left corner), there is a single white arrow. That signifies NORTH. Whether you

move your perspective around or not, it will always remain pointing NORTH and NORTH only.

Screenshot of Minimap

Snootch believes that directional orders are not allowed to be enforced due to some players having "static maps".

However, I have yet to see someone else complaining about having a static map. He also says the minimap appears to

be broken and black on certain maps and cannot see the arrow in the minimap. He states that making players change

their map settings just to follow an order is unreasonable, which I agree with. But I'm certain that almost everyone in

jailbreak has a black minimap (as shown in the video and my own experience). The arrow has nothing to do with the minimap

as it is OUTSIDE of it. If your map is set to point north permanently, you should know which direction to look at because

of the glow that emits from your player towards the direction you are looking at on the radar.

There may be some details that I'm missing/not understanding, but unless there is video proof that shows the problem from his perspective

I believe CTs are allowed to give directional orders.

This type of order has been given for months if not years. I believe it is a reasonable order and should not be a punishable offense.

• Like 11
Edited by b1g mac

• Content Count:  1920

Ok, I'm going to go ahead and take the blame on this one. The way @Snootch described this to me sounded like something had broken with the updates we rolled out with jailbreak with the minimap breaking with EVERYONE.

But if the problem only applies to people with a static minimap, there's still a portion of players who use a static minimap.

If people have to change a setting, which should be a player's preference and only a player's preference, to comply with an order I believe it becomes an unreasonable order and should be disallowed.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  150

To clarify I never once said that I didn't see the arrow, I said the arrow is there but it only faces one direction which is up towards the top of my monitor. It doesn't shift or rotate because I don't use those settings, and to be perfectly honest this was a problem back before I had left, so it's not something 'new' that is coming up. Those of you who play CT on the regular should KNOW that this is an unreasonable order on maps with broken black minimaps. I certainly remember punishing CT's for it in the past for not listening.

EDIT: [ATTACH=CONFIG]20787[/ATTACH]

• Like 2
Edited by Snootch

To clarify I never once said that I didn't see the arrow, I said the arrow is there but it only faces one direction which is up towards the top of my monitor. It doesn't shift or rotate because I don't use those settings, and to be perfectly honest this was a problem back before I had left, so it's not something 'new' that is coming up. Those of you who play CT on the regular should KNOW that this is an unreasonable order on maps with broken black minimaps. I certainly remember punishing CT's for it in the past for not listening.

I've tested out the static map and I see that it only points up. However, do you not see yourself on the minimap? If you know that up means north,

you should be able to differentiate which direction you are looking at. If you cannot see yourself on the minimap, then you may have a point.

Do you have this?

I've tested out the static map and I see that it only points up. However, do you not see yourself on the minimap? If you know that up means north,

you should be able to differentiate which direction you are looking at. If you cannot see yourself on the minimap, then you may have a point.

Do you have this?

I edited my post with a picture of how it looks for me.

I edited my post with a picture of how it looks for me.

Alright, I see why you wouldn't want this type of order to be enforced now. There are still a few players that disagree with your opinion,

but you do have a respectable reason why this order shouldn't be enforced. Sorry for bothering you and have a good day.

Alright, I see why you wouldn't want this type of order to be enforced now. There are still a few players that disagree with your opinion,

but you do have a respectable reason why this order shouldn't be enforced. Sorry for bothering you and have a good day.

They can disagree all they want and it's quite alright.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  532

I'm confused on this thread... should I not give directional orders anymore? Or should I just freekill snootch, I'm lost here. But in all seriousness if there is a problem with people not able to receive directional orders I would like to think they shouldn't be allowed anymore. Personally I like giving "face south" type orders but I don't think someone should have to change there game settings to be able to receive those type of orders.

• Like 2

I'm confused on this thread... should I not give directional orders anymore? Or should I just freekill snootch, I'm lost here. But in all seriousness if there is a problem with people not able to receive directional orders I would like to think they shouldn't be allowed anymore. Personally I like giving "face south" type orders but I don't think someone should have to change there game settings to be able to receive those type of orders.

The way we handled it before was only allowing directional orders on maps that had a working minimap, not a black abyss. So if you can see the actual map then it's a-okay.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  11501

Just my two cents (PB people can make whatever rule they think works), but I always thought directional orders were dumb. Sometimes people get glitched, a map has a glitch, or settings interfere with whatever is going on. It's so much easier IMO to just say 'face (insert inanimate object here)'. There's no drama associated with it. While someone's settings or a glitch can be argued, map unfamiliarity is not a valid reason to not follow an order. Just my opinion.

• Like 4

Reply to Thread