? servers

? players online

The Game Awards 2019

• Content Count:  2187

So if you haven't heard, The Game Awards is happening this month on the 12th at 8:30pm EST. Anyone have any thoughts on what might happen or have any favorites that they want to win?

Personally, I'm interested to see what Nintendo has up their sleeves for this day. I also wanna see some good demos from other companies as well, instead of small movies showing nothing.

Also you can vote for this year's nominees here

• Like 3
Edited by Frostbitten

• Content Count:  1583

Control and Death Stranding are the Video Game equivalent of Oscar bait lmao. A very small percentage of people you know will have actually played either, and a smaller portion would have considered them one of their favorite games. Nonetheless, they'll both likely be taking the cake in multiple categories.

Modern Warfare blows every other game this year out of the water in terms of audio design despite being mostly shit in every other category :pepehands:

I wish the indie titles weren't exclusively limited to ones that received the most coverage from outlets, but a solid selection anyways.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2187

Geoff Keighley recently talked about the Game Festival, which is an event where people can try out some of the unreleased games that are being discussed on The Game Awards. The Festival will have demos for over a dozen games and they'll be playable through Steam starting Thursday (the 12th) at 1pm EST and will end on Saturday (the 14th) at 1pm EST. A whole 48 hours dedicated to up and coming games. Looks like Geoff heard what I said and decided to make it happen lmao. Seems like a nice project to do, especially since these events require some people to travel far in order to attend. Now you can try out the games at the comfort of your own home.

Here's a list of the games:

• System Shock (Nightdive Studios)
  • Eastward (Pixpil/Chucklefish)
  • Spiritfarer (Thunder Lotus)
  • Moving Out (SMG Studio/Devm Games/Team17)
  • Röki (Polygon Treehouse/United Label)
  • Chicory (Greg Lobanov)
  • Wooden Nickel (Brain&Brain)
  • Haven (The Game Bakers)
  • Heavenly Bodies (2pt Interactive)
  • Acid Knife (Powerhoof)
  • The Drifter (Powerhoof)
  • CARRION (Phobia/Devolver)
  • Skatebird (Glass Bottom Games)

and here's the article if you wanna check it out

Reply to Thread