? servers

? players online

New Game Server

• Content Count:  139

I come from playing a lot of FiveM and Hell Let Loose. I feel that SG could definitely grow a large player base on these games and expand.

FiveM:

For those who don’t know what this is, it’s a modification to GTA where you role play in servers as anything you want basically. There are two types of servers, one economy, and the other, trainer. The economy server requires a bit more time and has slower roleplay. In this type you actually have to get jobs to earn money and to buy stuff. In a trainer server, there is a menu you use to spawn cars and weapons etc. I have run a trainer server before which was pretty big at one point and the developing side was very easy.

Helll Let Loose

Hell Let Loose is a fairly new released game which is based in the time period of World War 2. This game doesnt have an “official sever” but instead is built on community servers sort of like battlefield. Each game has 2 teams with a max of 50 players per team. In each team there is a commander and below that are squad leaders for different squads which could include things like tank operators. Leaders of that squad can speak to the squad members as well as to the commander while memebers if the squad can only talk to the other members and their leader. There is a proximity chat. The point of the game is for the commander to lead all the squads by giving individual orders to squad leaders. From my experience playing this game, people play it very seriously and there is not many trolls. Basically the server is good to go on autopilot once setup as there aren’t many trolls. There may be one here and there but from my experience I haven’t seen any very often. Also I feel that since it is a fairly new game, it could be easier to build a server up now before the game gets bigger.

PS: y’all should definitely checkout Hell Let Loose if you haven’t and add me to play. It’s pretty damn intense.

• Like 1
Edited by patrick

• Content Count:  2692

FiveM has been discussed before and @idealist and I are for it but it would require a lot of work for a server that would probably live for around a week or two and then die off. We would love to manage it and we've talked about it with @Dominic before and we just don't think it's viable. We would also have to find someone to dedicate their time to code Lua for us.

• Content Count:  958

are you recommending we add these servers to csgo or add these games to SGs brand? not sure how these would be incorporated into a cs server if thats the case. if not, we had an SCP and Minecraft server before but both unfortunately had to be shut down because no one played them anymore. if a game like Minecraft cant have a stable population im not sure GTA and the other game can do the same, especially since not everyone has GTA/Hell Let Loose whereas whp doesnt have Minecraft? and i believe SCP is a free game.

are you recommending we add these servers to csgo or add these games to SGs brand? not sure how these would be incorporated into a cs server if thats the case. if not, we had an SCP and Minecraft server before but both unfortunately had to be shut down because no one played them anymore. if a game like Minecraft cant have a stable population im not sure GTA and the other game can do the same, especially since not everyone has GTA/Hell Let Loose whereas whp doesnt have Minecraft? and i believe SCP is a free game.

You have a fair point but coming from building my FiveM server up, it takes time. It took me 3-4 months just I get an active 15ish people a day out of a 32 limit. Yes it takes time but it’ll pay off with a little hard work. BTW: I mean add them as new game servers, not incorporated into CS. Sorry for the confusion

Edit: Hell Let Loose is one I recommend because it’s an enjoyable game and is still in its early stages. Starting one now would be the best idea to actually grow a playerbase.

• Content Count:  1952

I'm also in for expanding to other games such as the ones stated and I feel that it would benefit SG loads but as it's already been said, I just don't think we would have enough resources or people dedicated towards these types of servers. Again, I would love to have one though.

FiveM has been discussed before and @idealist and I are for it but it would require a lot of work for a server that would probably live for around a week or two and then die off. We would love to manage it and we've talked about it with @Dominic before and we just don't think it's viable. We would also have to find someone to dedicate their time to code Lua for us.

Don’t say this! It takes time to build a consistent playerbase. I would love for a FiveM server to be introduced because it’s basically where I call home. Been playing since RageMP. Anyways, I do know LUA. FiveM development is fairly easy to work around and manage, I even still have my old server files so getting a server up wouldn’t be a hard task. I’d love to help! Let me know, maybe we could talk about it.

I'm also in for expanding to other games such as the ones stated and I feel that it would benefit SG loads but as it's already been said, I just don't think we would have enough resources or people dedicated towards these types of servers. Again, I would love to have one though.

As for the development side of FiveM, coming from experience, this would be a breeze. As for managing members it could be a problem but I’m sure it could be figured out.

As for Hell Let Loose, I am not sure about development. The staffing side of this game most likely wouldn’t be an issue because as I said the server is basically autopilot. There’s not much you could do to troll other than team kill which would get you kicked automatically after a certain amount of times.

• Content Count:  236

I'd personally love to see a SG FiveM server I play FiveM on the rare occasion and its very fun, I play RP and some other game modes I would love to see a RP server for sg. The gta feel would be great and I think that a lot of the SG community would like a FiveM server. I looked up Hell Let Loose nothing I would be interested in but it looks fine.

I'm 100% down for fivem

I talked a tiny tiny bit about it with John on discord. I'm sure he will fill you in. It's something that'll require work but it'll pay off. FiveM is so enjoyable as you can literally get bored doing one thing and start another. Also one thing to note that I said to John, FiveM is also releasing a RDR2 roleplay app here in coming weeks. That's something SG should def. hop on ASAP to get the advantage of being one of the first servers.

Reply to Thread