? servers

? players online

Who Got Demoted And Why

• Content Count:  1583

With WGBAY, and admin complaints being public, as well as the availability of the admin strike list to admins, I feel it's only appropriate to make a thread explaining demotions.

The benefits of this are two-fold, Higher Ups appear more transparent, which is always a good thing, and they also are able to explain why decisions were made, countering some of the speculation and animosity that comes about whenever a demotion occurs. While it could be argued that this would just cause drama, I think it pales in comparison to some of the outlandish gossip we've heard in the past and may prevent situations like what happened with Reece (if I'm thinking of the right situation) from occuring.

Additionally, this helps other admins, staff, and even community members to learn from the mistakes of others (especially considering that situations that forgo Strikes would seem to be the most egregious).

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1987

I believe it should be kept between the person who got demoted and the higher ups. If you are that curious ask them yourself however I do not think someone’s business just because of transparency should be displayed.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2342

If a demotion has a reason which others can learn from and is a widespread problem we get gentle reminders from the higher-ups saying so. It's none of our business why someone was demoted. This is for the same reason why at work if your co-worker was fired or demoted, the company will rarely let others know the reason for demotion. It's common courtesy to not inhibit that person from looking for positions at other communities.

Transparency is a good thing, yes, but only if it's needed and if there is something to gain from the general public being able to see into the process. There is nothing to gain from learning reasons behind why someone is demoted. A demotion is a very personal thing and it's none of our business. While you mentioned that the gossip that arises from a demotion trumps the drama that would happen if demotion reasons were announced, I disagree completely. If the demoted person wants to handle that drama by letting others know why he was demoted, fine. But it makes no sense to make that choice for the person.

• Like 5
Edited by fantastic

• Content Count:  1583

I believe it should be kept between the person who got demoted and the higher ups. If you are that curious ask them yourself however I do not think someone’s business just because of transparency should be displayed.

The same could be said about Strikes and Bans, which is what I believe causes much of the drama in the first place. If the person is salty or just misunderstands the situation, it turns into a horrendous game of telephone and usually results in a lot of petty "Caution doesn't like them, etc." While, yes, a big part of WGBAY is pointing and laughing at idiots, it also serves as a way for other players to learn from mistakes, higher ups to explain their decisions, and precedents to be set.

• Content Count:  958

Most demotions are mean't to be kept within the higher ranks (IA+), it causes unneeded drama.

shut up Creten, let the man spill the tea. on a real note tho, i understand that a lot of this stuff doesnt need to be released into the community for multiple reasons. however, rumours become a thing really fast and can make simple situations look really bad. with some of the recent demotions there were a bunch of rumours going around about what happened and unless you talk to the guys personally you’ll prob never get the full story. yes some things dont need to be released but i think there could be a compromise so that your average SG player isnt hearing shit about this particular admin or that group of admins etc. especially if the person who got demoted was well known within the community.

• Content Count:  2206

lmfao bro what are you reaching so hard for. This is how bad you want to be noticed?

Lets make a WDGPAW (Who didn't get promoted and why). If you truly want to learn then you should have no problem with someone else airing out that you applied, didn't make the cut, and just exactly why.

See I can make arguments for bad ideas too.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1987

The same could be said about Strikes and Bans, which is what I believe causes much of the drama in the first place. If the person is salty or just misunderstands the situation, it turns into a horrendous game of telephone and usually results in a lot of petty "Caution doesn't like them, etc." While, yes, a big part of WGBAY is pointing and laughing at idiots, it also serves as a way for other players to learn from mistakes, higher ups to explain their decisions, and precedents to be set.

Strikes are not public information anymore and hasn’t been for months but left to As+ to see as it involves them too. Bans is something that all can see and a small reason is also put into sourcebans. If the person who got demoted wonders why, a “Who Got Demoted” thread is not the best way to go about receiving that information. It’d be best to pm the higher ups or talk to them in teamspeak for a more personal answer and as well for you to give your own feedback.

Demotions can be personal as well as contain information that isn’t needed to be leaked but rather kept between that person and the higher ups.

rumours become a thing really fast and can make simple situations look really bad. with some of the recent demotions there were a bunch of rumours going around about what happened and unless you talk to the guys personally you’ll prob never get the full story. yes some things dont need to be released but i think there could be a compromise so that your average SG player isnt hearing shit about this particular admin or that group of admins etc. especially if the person who got demoted was well known within the community.

Well then talk to them if you’re that curious. Don’t need to pussy out and force it upon the higher ups to leak personal information about such. If rumors occur and get out of hand the higher ups can address it if needed.

• Like 1
Edited by Trazz

• Content Count:  2579

This is not beneficial to anyone involved though. Outside of the fact that everyone loves to know about shit outside of their reach. Beyond drama and speculations, being transparent with everything isn't inherently a good thing. Some things (especially demotions CA+) should remain private and will remain private.

Unless Caution jumps here and says "damn this a good idea gentoo lets make this a thing" this probably will not be discussed beyond this thread.

• Like 10

Reply to Thread