? servers

? players online

[JB] Public Record of CT Bans

• Content Count:  3294

The title explains it mostly, I think it would help players if they could just go to a place on the forums/source bans to see their CT ban. Also, lots of players are constantly asking how much time is left on their CT ban. I'm not sure if it tells it to them, but I'd assume it doesn't (If it does that's good). This is really just another level of "transparency", as I see no reason to not have them public.

• Content Count:  236

The title explains it mostly, I think it would help players if they could just go to a place on the forums/source bans to see their CT ban. Also, lots of players are constantly asking how much time is left on their CT ban. I'm not sure if it tells it to them, but I'd assume it doesn't (If it does that's good). This is really just another level of "transparency", as I see no reason to not have them public.

This would be great so we now who to keep track of. Also it would be great for someone like ezfrags

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1799

There's a reason they aren't public. To be frank, I don't know why but I assume it's due to some sort of possibility of an unknown exploit on the web page. The website isn't insanely detailed or anything, just literally a table that presents all the ct bans with certain admin necessary information. It's in the admin section and has been leaked a once or twice, @fantastic :wink:. Afaik though the plugin was still meant to be worked on and one day the website would be somehow tied into the sourcebans page. Take most of this with a grain of salt since I believe the CT ban plugin was worked on and finished before I got AT and might not have been present for all the conversations involved with the then current ATs of the server and the Technical Team.

As for players knowing how much longer is on their CT Ban, I remember a conversation about making the page visible to the public in an admin meeting a while ago. From what I recall, the page was going to stay to Admin+ but any Admin could tell any player how much longer was on their CT Ban if a player asked. Personally, I agree and support that happening since it's nothing too exposing. Obviously the current ATs could feel something different but when I was AT that stance on was never changed.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread