? servers

? players online

help with building a pc

• Content Count:  958

basically my potato of a computer is becoming unplayable so I'm looking to build a new pc with a budget of around $500. it would have to be stuff that can be shipped to Canada. also if anyone has any pc building tutorial videos they recommend it would be appreciated.

• Content Count:  820

I’m not too good at building PCs but I came up with this: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vgzbhg

It’s a little over your budget but you can save some money if you want to downgrade the CPU to a Ryzen 3, and downgrading the RAM to 8gb. I don’t think you should downgrade the GPU, at the 570 is quite a good low cost graphics card at the moment. There are also cables that I did not include because I don’t really know what you will need for anything else you may want to add. I hope you consider this.

I also prolly forgot something but idk.

EDIT: IT WAS FANS, GET SOME FANS PLEASE

• Like 2
Edited by Kopsta

• Content Count:  1920

I'm going to be honest here, you're not going to get something too worth your money for $500. If you want something worth your dollar, I would suggest saving a bit more money and going for a more expensive, but still budget build. Something you could also do is build up your PC over time when you can afford the parts.

This build is roughly $800, and I think you could get a good chunk of the parts on sale for Black Friday for a good deal, and this deal is a really good bang for your buck IMO.

It's really difficult to get an actual even usable build at $500 because the Operating System will sink you 1/5 of that alone. But,this is something I came up with. It'll still set you back $100 over your budget, though. The build @Kopsta sent will also set you back around $100 more than you want because he didn't include an OS or a fan.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  820

The build @Kopsta sent will also set you back around $100 more than you want because he didn't include an OS or a fan.

If you know where to look, you can find windows keys for pretty cheep nowadays (or even just pirate it for free), but these are pretty shady though. As for fans, they are not that expensive for okay ones, but can get very expensive for nice ones. Like Phoenix said, just wait for Black Friday/ Cyber Monday deals to pop up later this week.

• Like 2
Edited by Kopsta
P

• Content Count:  1920

@Phoenix_ @Kopsta I confirmed with @Dom that he already has windows 10 on current PC, so as long as it's not an OEM windows and he deactivates it he can transfer it to the new PC.

Okay, that's good then.

@Dom all you need to transfer your Windows from an old PC to a new one is like a 16GB flash drive. If you need more specific instructions on what to do, PM me when you want to know.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  958

Okay, that's good then.

@Dom all you need to transfer your Windows from an old PC to a new one is like a 16GB flash drive. If you need more specific instructions on what to do, PM me when you want to know.

I'm pretty sure my OS right now is OEM so I don't think I can do that. I did see some videos where the guy bought a windows key online for like $15, is that different from the OS on the list? also is there a huge difference between the MSI Radeon RX 580 and the MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti? last thing, i dont need to get fans cause the case comes with them right?

Reply to Thread