Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Vy
    SG Elite

YouTube will not designate channel/videos as 'For children only'. Content creators are supposed to do that themselves, on every video on their channel, or risk facing 42 000 $ fine from the FTC. They also risk the fine is they mislabel the video.

If they mark their channel entirely as 'Content for children only', they will lose the community section, comment section and some other features on top of it. There's a large amount of folks complaining on online boards about this, as they managed to select that accidentally and it screwed up their channel quite a bit.

Duffy
    SG Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_ View Post
    Now they can go out in the working world and get a real, sustainable job. It'll be a good reality check for the people who threw away education for the hopes of success in an unstable job situation and they can then understand why they should have stayed in school.
    So anybody that has an entertainment job should have to be forced out of their job and go get their education? People can make it in life whatever way they want to and if they made it here and now their income is gone, that's really fucked. I'm not sure why you think this is justified.

Dom
    Le Big Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    So anybody that has an entertainment job should have to be forced out of their job and go get their education? People can make it in life whatever way they want to and if they made it here and now their income is gone, that's really fucked. I'm not sure why you think this is justified.
    i think what he’s trying to say is theres a lot of risk with a really low chance of success. people dont become big on youtube overnight, and if they do they usually dont last more than a year. YT isnt a stable career choice, one day it will come to an end and most of those people will unfortunately be left with nothing except the money they made previously. you shouldn’t completely throw away your education and close a bunch of doors for yourself cause maybe you’ll become a big youtuber one day. a lot of youtubers have said to treat YT as a hobby not a job until you can guarantee you’ll have a sustainable income. theres a good Fresh Prince episode that kinda relates to this situation.

Duffy
    SG Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    i think what he’s trying to say is theres a lot of risk with a really low chance of success. people dont become big on youtube overnight, and if they do they usually dont last more than a year. YT isnt a stable career choice, one day it will come to an end and most of those people will unfortunately be left with nothing except the money they made previously. you shouldn’t completely throw away your education and close a bunch of doors for yourself cause maybe you’ll become a big youtuber one day. a lot of youtubers have said to treat YT as a hobby not a job until you can guarantee you’ll have a sustainable income. theres a good Fresh Prince episode that kinda relates to this situation.
    Yeah but thing is, this is literally the situation with anybody that invests their time in the musical or entertainment business. It's not just YouTube. Everything you do is based off chance and I respect the people who want to make it big and I respect the ones who do and the ones that don't. Phoenix was just outright being an asshole to everybody in the YouTube community and was more of a dick statement rather than an actual intelligent one. You see it all of the time the people that don't make it in the music business. And you're just going to shame them for trying? It's pretty ignorant.

BoM
    **Generic statements**
    A few points here :

and if they do they usually dont last more than a year.
    Show me that stat.

one day it will come to an end and most of those people will unfortunately be left with nothing except the money they made previously.
    1. What is this magic end you guys are envisioning? In 1995 a famous scientist said the internet was just a fad, see : the internet. Many people said Facebook was just a fad, meanwhile big boi Zucky is worth $68 Billion dollars (5th richest person in the world). I thought twitter was a fucking joke when it came out, but here we are...with twitter...being a massive fucking thing. Youtube is 14 years old, and is worth between $100-120 billion dollars (more depending on how you break it down), putting it in competition for Amazon worth.

2. Many people make enough money in 5 years of moderately successful YT, Twitch, any other variety of content creating, than an average person might make in 10-15 years. I wouldn't worry about it.

3. A lot of people use their ability as a content creator to become a marketing/advertising person or a product influencer, a famous face, etc. People have had a notable amount of companies started based on them, or because of them....I could go on.

I really didn't want to get into an argument over any of this, but its just silly whats being said here. Content creators are not suffering, nor are they in a position where their platform of choice is going to come to a crashing halt anytime soon. This argument of having closed doors and skipped out on education just isn't very valid, like yeah you should finish highschool...but you can go to college whenever. Plus, I don't think many people are out there tossing their life away just for some pipe dream, many people transition slowly to becoming a full-time content creator.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BoM For This Useful Post:
    Noxstar (11-21-2019)