? servers

? players online

LRs Taking the Remained of the Round and Delay

• Content Count:  3294

The main target of this thread will be based around this rule:

Last Requests must be reasonable, cannot be timed, cannot last the remainder of the round and must be agreed to by a CT. If a prisoner's LR is interrupted, they may request another one.

As a CT, what should you do in the event of an LR taking the entire round (CZ spam in soccer goals, LR location being across a large map with 25 seconds left and the T is refusing to shoot where they are now).

I'd consider the above examples as delaying because they're situations where it will take up a majority of the round. As a CT you can ask them to "Speed it up" or "get closer", but the T will always express their rights of "CT's must follow T Rules for LR". So in this scenario, what should the CT do?

I honestly think CT's should be able to give the delay warning, and then proceed to kill them. However for delaying, how much time should I give the T to stop delaying the LR?

An admin in-game advised me to give the T a warning giving the T 15 seconds to stop delaying but I think that's too long. I think we should be able to warn the T, and if after 5 seconds the T is still delaying, we should be able to kill the T for delay.

• Content Count:  824

There is no set time for a T to be considered delaying, the best way to go about it is to just be reasonable about it. If someones just lining up a shot for 5 seconds it definitely doesn't warrant them being killed, however, if a T is running away from their LR partner all across the map, then it's pretty understandable for the T to be KOS. The reason the rule was changed was that beforehand the T could really just run anywhere across the map, and there wasn't anything anyone could do to stop them.

TL;DR: There is no set time for a T to be considered delaying but it doesn't mean you can go killing any T that doesn't do their LR for 5 seconds. Be reasonable and use your brain.

I think this answer from this thread pretty much sums it up. Just be reasonable with how you go about the situation and give a reasonable time. You obviously shouldn't go "Take a shot within the next second or you're kos" when a t is lining up their shot, but if he's running away trying to waste time give it a bit, then warn him, and if he keeps it up, kill him.

• Like 1

I think this answer from this thread pretty much sums it up. Just be reasonable with how you go about the situation and give a reasonable time. You obviously shouldn't go "Take a shot within the next second or you're kos" when a t is lining up their shot, but if he's running away trying to waste time give it a bit, then warn him, and if he keeps it up, kill him.

What would you say about the soccer CZ spam example, it's a common occurrence on JB but I wouldn't feel comfortable killing for that.

What would you say about the soccer CZ spam example, it's a common occurrence on JB but I wouldn't feel comfortable killing for that.

I mean, the ct and t are actually lr'ing, which is fine. If they were delaying and not taking any shots it would be a problem, but since they are constantly shooting, there's nothing wrong with it.

• Like 2

I mean, the ct and t are actually lr'ing, which is fine. If they were delaying and not taking any shots it would be a problem, but since they are constantly shooting, there's nothing wrong with it.

But this type of LR takes most of the round since the environment/rules of that LR make it very hard for the shots to actually land.

• Content Count:  958

i dont think this is that big of a deal tbh. in most of these situations, the participants arent delaying the LR on purpose. if something like this were to be implemented it should only apply if the LR was started before the 1:00 mark or something around that. the cz spam, for example, isnt meant to end in 10-15 seconds, it involves a lot of luck which sometimes can take a long time but as long as it hasnt been happening for say over a minute or so, it shouldnt be an issue. it seems unnecessary to rush players who aren’t intentionally delaying.

i think your main reason for this suggestion is when theres one or two guys left with a good amount of time left and everyone else is dead and waiting. i dont necessarily agree with a rule being added to rush LRs but if theres more than a minute left and everyones waiting then you could tell the guys to speed it up a bit out of courtesy for everyone else. as i said earlier, as long as both guys are actively LRing its not that big of an issue.

But this type of LR takes most of the round since the environment/rules of that LR make it very hard for the shots to actually land.

Let's be real here, it's not that difficult to spam a cz and land some shots. Sure, sometimes it'll take some time, but it really isn't a big deal, and it's a proper, fair lr.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1799

Idk why this a question you want answered. Just be reasonable man. JB ain’t about killing as much Ts as possible, so I don’t understand why you need to know if you can kill the T in this situation or not.

As far as your question to the ruling and your specific instances, I believe the that if the is being actively played then it’s obviously not delaying. I think you should realize that an LR lasting the entire round =/= an LR meant to last the entire round, which is what I believe the rule is meant to prevent. CZ spamming across soccer is in now way breaking any rule, so I don’t see any need to punish the T for the LR lasting the entire round when they didn’t intend on having the LR last the entire round.

• Like 4

Idk why this a question you want answered. Just be reasonable man. JB ain’t about killing as much Ts as possible, so I don’t understand why you need to know if you can kill the T in this situation or not.

I just wanted some clarity, it's not about the kills. I was playing today where some people were delaying their LR's, making 15+ people just wait while dead for no reason.

• Content Count:  2342

As far as your question to the ruling and your specific instances, I believe the that if the is being actively played then it’s obviously not delaying. I think you should realize that an LR lasting the entire round =/= an LR meant to last the entire round, which is what I believe the rule is meant to prevent. CZ spamming across soccer is in now way breaking any rule, so I don’t see any need to punish the T for the LR lasting the entire round when they didn’t intend on having the LR last the entire round.

This, thanks!

• Like 4

Reply to Thread