? servers

? players online

A rule change possibaly

• Content Count:  124

Since the servers and forums are for minors. Do we really want people saying racial slurrs even if it not at someone? Some kids are really impressional aka they see people doing it they might do it. They can get in alot of trouble for saying the N word they can get beat up for it they can get suspended from school etc. And if one of those happen they ask there kids were they heard or seen such words they will say steam-gamers forums or servers. Then steam-gamers is under target by parents and what not. There for i think we remove all racist words and references from the rules like get a pluggin where it says [bad word] when someone trys to type a racial slurr.

• Content Count:  1987

The servers and forums are not just for minors but for everyone of any age and we would not be the ones at fault if the kid decides to repeat what they heard on the internet.

The racism rule has been eased up for the purpose of casual use from other people and if used extensively or harassing another they can be punished.

• Content Count:  1952

Since the servers and forums are for minors

Where??

Some kids are really impressional aka they see people doing it they might do it.

I don't want to say it but isn't it the kid's fault for saying it?

steam-gamers is under target by parents and what not. There for i think we remove all racist words and references from the rules like get a pluggin where it says [bad word] when someone trys to type a racial slurr.

Don't we have that for the hard R on ttt?

• Like 1

The servers and forums are not just for minors but for everyone of any age and we would not be the ones at fault if the kid decides to repeat what they heard on the internet.

Yes there for since there minors i would say sensor the racism like my one post got removed cause i mentioned a movie that had alot of nudity towards people over age and i got told it still a community with minors should be the same thing with racism as with talking about nudity in movies etc.

• Content Count:  2693

]The servers and forums are not just for minors but for everyone of any age and we would not be the ones at fault if the kid decides to repeat what they heard on the internet.

Yes there for since there minors i would say sensor the racism like my one post got removed cause i mentioned a movie that had alot of nudity towards people over age and i got told it still a community with minors should be the same thing with racism as with talking about nudity in movies etc.

Showing nudity to minors does not equal saying the n word to minors. Your post got removed because it broke one of our rules involving showing nudity to minors. Regarding your rule suggestion, the servers aren't a safe space.

• Like 1
Edited by John

• Content Count:  1987

Racism is in no ways allowed on the forums and gets edited out of posts if used.

Showing nudity towards minors ? saying the n word to minors. Your post got removed because it broke one of our rules involving showing nudity to minors. Regarding your rule suggestion, the servers aren't a safe space for anybody.

SO why not try to make them safer?

• Content Count:  1920

Since the servers and forums are for minors. Do we really want people saying racial slurrs even if it not at someone? Some kids are really impressional aka they see people doing it they might do it. They can get in alot of trouble for saying the N word they can get beat up for it they can get suspended from school etc. And if one of those happen they ask there kids were they heard or seen such words they will say steam-gamers forums or servers. Then steam-gamers is under target by parents and what not. There for i think we remove all racist words and references from the rules like get a pluggin where it says [bad word] when someone trys to type a racial slurr.

The servers and forums aren't explicitly for minors. There are many of us who are 18+. At the end of the day, it's up to the person saying the word to make that choice if they want to be racist. I will give you the point that many kids use racism because it's "cool" and "funny" to them, but again, that's their choice. If they get into some shit in real life because they made a habit out of being racist on a video game, it's their own fault because it's not our duty to 'parent' these kids and tell them what's morally right and wrong.

We already have a plugin in-place on TTT that censors the hard R to [bad word].

SG has never been a safe space. This is a community full of memes and people busting each other's balls. If you get offended or upset by something you see here, sorry to hear that. Nothing is stopping you from reporting it if you think it violates a rule.

• Like 2
Edited by Phoenix_
grammar

• Content Count:  3294

This is the internet, it shouldn't be a G rated place. If any parent lets their child use the internet freely, it's their problem if the kid goes on certain websites with legal things that might be inappropriate for them. It would make sense of wanting illegal things off of our websites; like talking about pirating movies, the use of certain illicit drugs, advertising other things to minors.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread