? servers

? players online

A rule change possibaly

• Content Count:  958

SO why not try to make them safer?

cause its the internet. you cant try to ban every single thing to make sure no one gets offended or make shit as “safe” as possible. SGs role here isnt to make sure servers are as safe as possible, thats on the parents for letting their kids play CS or use that kind of language since im pretty sure its mainly 14 year olds trying to be edgy and funny that say the nword and other fucked shit. SG isnt here to be peoples parents.

Edited by Dominic
Not needed.

• Content Count:  236

Since the servers and forums are for minors. Do we really want people saying racial slurrs even if it not at someone? Some kids are really impressional aka they see people doing it they might do it. They can get in alot of trouble for saying the N word they can get beat up for it they can get suspended from school etc. And if one of those happen they ask there kids were they heard or seen such words they will say steam-gamers forums or servers. Then steam-gamers is under target by parents and what not. There for i think we remove all racist words and references from the rules like get a pluggin where it says [bad word] when someone trys to type a racial slurr.

Okay so everyone I want to know this is from a view of a minor aka me I'm 13. Yeah some kids are impressionable but by 9 years old there parents should have told/taught them racism its a problem in this world and I was taught not to do this so I don't. Also Steamgamers.net is not under target by parents though its not a safe place there is no bad nsfw or gore etc. And its not the servers fault if the kids are impressionable they don't hold any responsiblity. My parents have never had a problem with CSGO or the servers I play on so this really is not needed

• Content Count:  5375

Just to reiterate: there's a difference between allowing users to exercise their right to free speech and allowing users to post content such as some of the things described above. Obviously this will not make a subset of people who dislike this language happy and we understand that. With that being said we feel like the way the rule has been implemented this time around is better than just outright banning all language related to that category.

If anyone has any questions about this topic please feel free to reach out to a member of the higher up team.

• Like 5

Reply to Thread