? servers

? players online

Invisible ladder

• Content Count:  2342

Prefacing this by saying I (think) I know what ladder you're talking about, but if I'm wrong feel free to correct me.

Invisible ladders have historically been KOS because they tend to offer advantages to the terrorists which put the CTs at a disadvantage. They kind of go hand in hand with secrets. If you think about another example of an invisible ladder, the ladder on top of VIP cell on electric razor, that ladder is clearly KOS since it enables Ts to climb onto cell roof and get a much better angle to shoot at CTs.

Advantages can be argued for different spots, but at the end of the day it's much easier to put a blanket ban on all invisible ladders than to nitpick and open a can of worms. What would you propose as a solution to this @Slothy? I can't imagine we could make an exception for this singular ladder on arcade. No rule would be able to encompass these kinds of ladders. "Invisible ladders are KOS unless they give an advantage to Ts" sounds like a pretty bad idea, especially considering the advantage of this invisible ladder on Arcade can be argued as an advantage for Ts.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  2206

if its just an aesthetic it wouldnt have an invisible ladder lol. T’s can hide there and CTs cant see them giving Ts an opportunity to rebel

I just wanna say from a mapper point of view, this is completely false lol. If i had a nice tree model with a limb someone can go on for shits and giggles I may very well not put a ladder texture or prop there to take away from the tree model.

Also, I could reason it out that its entirely possible to climb a tree without a ladder in real life. However in CSGO its not you need some kind of ladder so the idea could just as easily be oh well ill just put a ladder trigger box so people can get on the tree without having to put an actual ladder as if you were climbing a tree in the woods. If there is truly no access to a secret or any gun, the invisible ladder can easily be explained away as a design choice. I mean techincally, every ladder is invisible. Any ladder you see is either a non climbable prop or an invisible ladder trigger box with a ladder texture under it.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  236

What would you propose as a solution to this @Slothy?

I do not have a fix currently. I am currently searching for other servers that have rules similar to this, I know servers that have similar rules that have a fix because I've seen other servers be able to do this.

• Content Count:  2342

Prefacing this by saying I (think) I know what ladder you're talking about, but if I'm wrong feel free to correct me.

Invisible ladders have historically been KOS because they tend to offer advantages to the terrorists which put the CTs at a disadvantage. They kind of go hand in hand with secrets. If you think about another example of an invisible ladder, the ladder on top of VIP cell on electric razor, that ladder is clearly KOS since it enables Ts to climb onto cell roof and get a much better angle to shoot at CTs.

Advantages can be argued for different spots, but at the end of the day it's much easier to put a blanket ban on all invisible ladders than to nitpick and open a can of worms. What would you propose as a solution to this @Slothy? I can't imagine we could make an exception for this singular ladder on arcade. No rule would be able to encompass these kinds of ladders. "Invisible ladders are KOS unless they give an advantage to Ts" sounds like a pretty bad idea, especially considering the advantage of this invisible ladder on Arcade can be argued as an advantage for Ts.

Sums up the ATs' thoughts on this.

I do not have a fix currently. I am currently searching for other servers that have rules similar to this, I know servers that have similar rules that have a fix because I've seen other servers be able to do this.

Feel free to make a suggestion when you find a fix :).

• Like 1

Reply to Thread